• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Painting my engine cover

Hi all,

I quick enquiry more than anything. I have the paint to paint my engine cover. Will I need to scratch off the standard red paint that Honda use to cover it and is there anything I should know in terms of removing and re-fitting, any trade secrets or anything? I know I need some new halfrauds sealant etc for when I put it back on.

Cheers,

Lee

I just done a couple layers of primer, few layers of paint and couple layers of lacquer. Worked fine

EDIT: Sorry didnt read properly. When you said engine cover for some reason I thought inlet cover :getcoat:

Lol no worries, I mean the red painted bit that covers all internals etc. I thought I may have to wire brush it to get the paint to stick to it..

random one for you but there is a guy on zr.co.uk who has a old civic as well as a ZR Express... he powdercoted his rocker/cam cover (whatever you call it on a honda :) ) and it looks awesome, well worth a thought

engine-1.jpg

Leooo I think you mean the cam/rocker cover? With the red wrinkle paint on it? Brenscivic does really good ones over on CTRO :D

Yeah that's the one I mean, I know Bren does a great job but thought as I have the paint how hard can it be lol. Thanks for all your help peeps. I wonder how much Bren does it for cost wise..

Yeah that's the one I mean, I know Bren does a great job but thought as I have the paint how hard can it be lol. Thanks for all your help peeps. I wonder how much Bren does it for cost wise..

I think he has a thread up on CTRO? Think it's £60 plus your old cam cover Leooo :D

Cheers mate, your a useful bloke lol! I sent him a pm on CTRO so should hear back soon. He might just say do it yourself as I have the paint and tell me what he does I relation to the old paint.

Changing the subject slightly does anyone know where LeeH is, I have posted on his messages and pm'd him with no reply, I think he may have fallen off the planet lol. It's in relation to a green battery earthing kit. Then I can sell my red one as I know some people are after one.

Lee

Cheers mate, your a useful bloke lol! I sent him a pm on CTRO so should hear back soon. He might just say do it yourself as I have the paint and tell me what he does I relation to the old paint.

Changing the subject slightly does anyone know where LeeH is, I have posted on his messages and pm'd him with no reply, I think he may have fallen off the planet lol. It's in relation to a green battery earthing kit. Then I can sell my red one as I know some people are after one.

Lee

I would hardly say useful :lol:
I suppose it wouldn't harm doing it yourself, but he does do a bloody good job and it would save you faffing about :D

Not sure about LeeH mate not seen any recent posts for him either, try checking his profile to see when he was last online?

EDIT: He was last online on the 30th of last month, so if you PM'd him after that I would imagine he's not got the msg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back