• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Painting your calipers...

Anyone know the easiest way of 1) cleaning your calipers and the 2) painting them WITHOUT removing the Alloys? :shock:

Foxy red said:
Anyone know the easiest way of 1) cleaning your calipers and the 2) painting them WITHOUT removing the Alloys? :shock:

Foxy, remove them will be the best way. Why not take a couple of days off work and paint them one day (couple of hours max) wait a day (sun yourslef weather dependant 8) ) and then apply stickers and laqour

Job done, all you need is a trolly jack and some stands and sorry I have neither :oops:

zeffania said:
Foxy red said:

Foxy, remove them will be the best way. Why not take a couple of days off work and paint them one day (couple of hours max) wait a day (sun yourslef weather dependant 8) ) and then apply stickers and laqour

Job done, all you need is a trolly jack and some stands and sorry I have neither :oops:

Unless there is a jack in the car- I can't do what you suggested- Hence, my post of ' How to' paint the calipers WITHOUT removing the wheels..... :wink:

Thanks Ben- but I already knew what your opinion was... hence, that's why i was asking around on the forum :p xx

Captain Redbeard said:
LOL @ Ben's speedy reply. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone would think you two knew each other...
11.gif

Don't know what you're talking about :oops: Who are you mate?

Captain Redbeard said:
LOL @ Ben's speedy reply. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone would think you two knew each other...
11.gif

hehe, very good Chris

Oh and foxy there is a jack in the car but you kind of want all off at once. Its easier that way.

Why not ask on here if anyone has any stands, I think I can get a trolly jack as I borrowed it last time

This is one thing I want to do but don't have the time for.

Think I'll just get some garage to do it :roll:

Personally i would not remove the calipers as they can easily be done in situ and it's just extra time spent but its a personal choice tbh.

If you buy the Foliatec caliper paint set then you get a cleaning spray with the kit .Couple that with a wire brush then the calipers can be cleaned very easily.

Did mine in a couple of hours just using a trolley jack although for safety stands would be advisable.

Didn't put stickers on mine so had no real need for the paint to dry and with care could put the wheel back on after an hour or so ready to do the other side.

I did mine on the old car a few months back.

I used the jack that came with the car, left the calipers on and used a fine art brush. Made a good job of it :)

I bought the foliatec kit which comes with a spray cleaner

glen8 said:
I did mine on the old car a few months back.

I used the jack that came with the car, left the calipers on and used a fine art brush. Made a good job of it :)

I bought the foliatec kit which comes with a spray cleaner

So you took the alloys off then? How long did you leave it to dry?

Thanks for your help mate ;)

Back