• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 parcel shelf rattling

Hi i noticed a few weeks back that i was geting an annoying rattle from my parcel shelf. Has anyone els had this problem? and how can it be fixed?
Sorry if this has been done befor i had a look but couldn't see anything.
cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've not had the problem but check you don't have missing rubber feet on the bottom of the shelf.

Also daft as it might sound, the boot lid might be causing it. It had adjustable rubber feet that alter how loose or tight it can close. Try adjusting them, but be careful you don't do it so much it affects the boot closing.

Is it definitely the parcel shelf? The jack and air compressor/gunk canister can rattle about in their compartments and the sound can travel. Make sure they are secured properly as well.

Cheers for that mate.yeh its def the parcel shelf i cant see any rubber feet on the bottom where the shelf meets the part it sits on so i put a bit of temp tape on it to see if that worked and it has help a little i jst hear it now on bumpy roads.
7e2amyda.jpg

ybe8esyz.jpg

I was convinced there were feet on the underside when I posted that. Just been out and there isn't. :lol: :oops:

Did you try adjusting the feet on the boot lid?

lol here's me thinking they had fallen off!
not yet bud its hamering cats n dogs outside just now. al do that when or if the rain stops and get back to you.

I thought I had similar issue, turns out to be back seats rattling at one side. Only found out when I took them out for a track day. Rattle comes back when they are back in. :(

Realy! thanks for that. ive checked it out on my car and this case its appears to be the parcel shelf mate reason being when a open the boot and undo the straps which hold the shelf up and apply a bit of pressure to the center of the shelf i get a loud creeking noise at either side of the shelf.the tape is working but am goin to look for some black foam tape or something a can cut to size and stick it on where the parcel shelf sits to try and prop it up a little,that should stop it,well hopfully

Hi an update on the rattle.I went down to homebase today and bought some heavy duty velcro tape and used the softer side of the two and cut them to size and stuck them on and hey presto! my rattle has gone:D
ere7y5ev.jpg

huve7a2u.jpg
azaza7u9.jpg
u3ega8ej.jpg

Not a bad fix.

Just an idea though, if it would stick that is, would it not be neater to stick in on the underside of the parcel shelf? That way you wouldn't see it.

Mine was making a noise from the same place aswell, just on the passenger side though.

I done the same as you with the gaffer tape for a quick fix, but I reckon I'll try the sticky Velcro.

The pictures makes it stand out more when you open the boot you wouldn't notice it too much unless you look for it.Yeh a think it could stick but it may not hold its stick for long as the parcel shelf being made of what its made of but thanks very much for your suggestion.:)

Lol I'm having the same issue I'm about to go out and fix this this morning

My mate in work offered to get in the boot while I drive round to listen to the location lol

I've took out the jack and gunk as per Loxy's suggestion. I'll also check the boot rubbers ( hadn't even x'ed my mind ) I'll also be off to get Velcro after

But I know for a fact, I'll fix this and another noise will appear. It always happens, it's like chasing your tail lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol totaly i have one from the front now but its not to bad so am just going to live with it.;)

Told you thus would happen !!

Are there any items on the outside / underneath of the car that are prone to rattle or vibrate ?

Drivers side rear it sounds like, when going 5-20 on non smooth road, sounds like a small vibration

Don't know about that one mate sorry,hope you get it sorted:)

Sorry to drag up an old post, but I noticed a rattle which sounds like its coming from under my passenger side recaro (I have a premier edition EP3). However, when someone sits in the passenger seat I cant hear it, its only when I am alone. Driving me mad as I cant really source it but I feel like its from under the recaro passenger - just sounds like the lever of the seat bouncing up and down, happens on bumps and some acceleration. Any ideas?

Back