• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Parking Sensors and Hands Free

Hi all.

I'm new to the forum but have an important question I need answering, I've looked on here but can't find an answer.

I've this week purchased my Type R 10 plate in Milano Red with the rage alloys and I love it, part ex'd for a Octavia Vrs.

One of the reasons that helped sell it to me was it had parking sensors. I realised after a few days that they were pretty rubbish as I could hardly hear the beep. I looked in the manual and noticed that there should be a button on the dash (top of the three to the right of the steering wheel) for the sensors and that a picture of a car should appear on the information screen, this doesn't happen. I rang the dealer to tell him I wasn't happy as they weren't Honda sensors and he told me they definitely were and that the button wasn't used in the Type R's and that it isn't possible to have the display.

I'd be grateful if anyone could confirm this or tell me whether the dealer is having my pants down.

Many thanks in advance

Parking sensors weren't standard fit on any Type R. They are a dealer fitted extra only.

The speaker unit will have a toggle switch on it for normal and loud. Good luck finding it though as it could be anywhere. I've seen them stuck to the roof above the b-pillar, under the driver's seat and stuck to the c-pillar behind the rear seats. It could pretty much be anywhere.

Title mentions HFT but you don't mention it again? :confused:

Only the Type Rs with the built-in sat nav have HFT, and the controls on the left of the steering wheel. Anything else is a dealer fit Honda accessory or aftermarket.

Cheers for your reply Loxy.

I'm presuming that as they weren't a standard fit then they won't be on the display or use the button on the dash? I've seen a picture on here of a type R with the parking button on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

I didn't mention the HFT as I thought I'd bored everyone enough about the sensors. Basically the dealer said it had handsfree but it didn't so he said he'd fit the Honda handsfree for nothing as it was there advertising mistake. Though he has told me that it will be mounted on the dash and doesn't utilise the blanking plate on the bottom left of the steering wheel. Is this correct?

Seems a bit daft to me that there are places for the HFT and parking sensors on the dash but they can't be used when fitting actual Honda kit! :(

The button you will have seen will have been the spray for the headlight washers. You should have that with it being a 10 reg. No Type Rs had parking sensors from the factory.

The dash mounted HFT is basically a Honda branded version of a Parrot Handsfree system. Not bad, not great either but worth it if they'll do it for nothing.

Is there no way I can have a none dash mounted HFT and have it as part of the system and can I get parking sensors that are fully integrated into the cars sounds/information system.

I will try and post a picture tomorrow, I believe I have a blanking plate where the button should be.

There are two Honda HFT units.

This is from the 2007 brochure:
HFT2.jpg

This is from the 2011 Accessories brochure (imagine it on a RHD car):
HFT1.jpg

The other option is to change the headunit to an aftermarket one with HFT built in.

You can't have a parking sensor system that's integrated with the sound system on the Civic that I'm aware of. The wife has an 08 EX FK2 that came with parking sensors as standard from the factory. That has the sensor sounder/speaker under the driver's seat IIRC.

This is the sort of thing you'll be looking for:
rear-17.jpg

It could literally be anywhere.

Aye get a picture of your dash, both sides if you can. There is a blank over where a button would be, but it's not springing to mind what it isn't at the moment.

Back