• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

I've got a bit carried away with the plotter
2d6ttft.jpg

15oy1k6.jpg

Wheel alignment has also been done :)

Ahhh this was you're that popped up on Instagram!! Grinspeed think it was wasn't it?

Here's a shot of the underside of the car, showing all the trick suspension :)
xfgQ1wn.jpg

And here's the rebuilt Gaz coilovers and some of the polybushed powdercoated bits
p8lXpbh.jpg

I'm really struggling with the last 5%!!!!

The car is now in final prep, it's currently having a lighter wiring loom made, followed by seat fitment next week and brake bleeding.

Fingers crossed it'll be on the road for the 1st May

Well that didn't happen :lol:

It did indeed go up to Paul @ Racing circuits for some loom work. He did several actions on the wiring

1) Removed all excess, unused wiring
2) Wrapped the remaining wiring in loom tape
3) Comprehensively tested all the electrics
4) Deleted the old, unreliable 80's relays and replaced with modern micro relays

Here's the excess removed
1231w9c.jpg

Car in the workshop
2vi2exv.jpg

After getting the car back I've fitted the seats and harnesses
33azzma.jpg

Just brake and clutch bleeding to go. It's a little more involved than just bleeding, more like a pressure test too.

Loved reading through this thread. Your ep3 was awesome, looking forward to some shots of this on the track. Have you weighed it yet?

Loved reading through this thread. Your ep3 was awesome, looking forward to some shots of this on the track. Have you weighed it yet?

Thanks buddy. I haven't weighed it yet but im expecting around 850kg, going by the weights of other people's builds.

There's still some weight to lose in glass. The bootlid is really heavy, probably 20-30kg and most of that is glass.

Apologies for the pitiful progress lately! Things are improving though and it's booked in soon for more work

Today I took the CRX VTEC binnacle I'd sourced, the DC2 cluster, some B&Q mending plates, a drill and some screws

From the back, I fitted the mending plates to secure the cluster to the binnacle

From the front

The fit is about 90%, it just needs something in a couple of corners to fill some small gaps. It'll be in the car tomorrow!

Just a small job i know, but it's a necessary one.

Some pictures from today. I'm booked in next week for some last bits and pieces towards finishing it.

Back