• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

passenger main beam in-op

Hi there , im new to the forum and unfortunately require some assistance

I have a pre facelift 30th anniversary ep3, someone has fitted facelift healamps to the car.

Now the issue i have is that the passenger side main beam isn't working. Have checked and replaced the bulb. I have looked for a fuse but they seem to run off the same fuse? I.E complete left lamp on 1 fuse .

I have inspected what i can see of the wiring and can't see any breaks.

Anyone got any ideas as to cause or experienced a similar issue?

thanks in advance

Checked the relays and fuses under the bonnet? Right side, near the windscreen?

Do you get a click from the passenger side relay when you switch the lights on?

I assumed the extra relay that's wired in for the facelift lights was the only one.
I'll have a look tonight for another relay. So there is a separate relay for left and right main beam?
Just in case by main beam I mean the one used to flash
Cheers

From memory, there's a seperate fuse and relay for each side on both FL and PFL. Could be wrong though!

Does the extra relay you've got look after market? Standard black tape and zip ties job?

Definitely aftermarket . Black relay with spade connectors. As are the wiring to the lamps (non genuine wiring with spade connections)

Back