• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Passenger seat slide bar broken

My girlfriend went to slide her seat back the other day and the bar you lift to slide the seat forwards or backwards has come away on the right side (closest to gear knob)

I have tried to push it back in but no joy :(

Anyone had this before? It's an fn2

Never heard of this on an FN2. Have you got down underneath the seat to have a look what has happened?

Currently sat in honda dealership for the 3rd time with this problem. Luckily my car is under 1 year honda used warranty, but in the other hand it's been fixed and replaced twice before. usually works fine for around 2 weeks of low use (1 or 2 movements of the seat per week) then something happens and the next thing I know either the seat bar has sprung out of position hanging loose, or it just won't budge. Like I said this is the third time It's happened in about as many months so I'm hoping they're going to give me a better explanation and fix than the past 2 times, and I'll update you.

Had this hundreds of times mate on the fn2
1st port of call from Honda bulletins is re connect it but 9 times out of 10 its a new seat base
The reason that causes it is when u pull the leaver your suppose to pull/lift the bar fron the centre but most people lift the bar from the right or left side of the bar that causes the bar to come out & wear away the guides

Last edited by a moderator:
This time they apologised and said they hadn't properly located it the last time they fixed it. Will have to keep telling passengers to lift from the centre or put a sleve of metal spikes around the right and left hand side of the bar.

Back