• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Passenger side rear squeak noise.

Hi lads and lasses,

just wondering if anyone else has noticed or experienced a squeak sound which appears to be coming from the passenger side rear somewhere. It doesn't sound like a Metal sound, more of a rubbery squeak. (If that makes sense). It's only noticeable when the car is cold and at very low speeds. (When I'm reversing out of my cul de sac) then the general road noise takes over. It also appears to go when the car is warm as I haven't ever heard it when the temp is up.

Personally was thinking rubber boot stops, but surely this would be continuous and not just when cold? :confused:

thanks very much.

Aye it's quite common. My FN2 never did it but the wife's FK2 does it all of the time.

If you still have warranty Honda might lube it up and send you away but it will probably come back at some point. Honda say it's not a safety issue so sometimes won't do anything.

Yes, lube up the rubbers and the top of the shocks.

Cheers Loxy, appreciated mate. It only seems to do it when it's cold, so not too fussed if its no safety issue.

Aye, the wife's car does it first thing in the morning and seems fine after that. It's an annoyance, that's all.

I have this exact same thing on my recently acquired fn2. Shall crawl underneath with a can of silicone spray and see if I can't get rid of it.

Back