• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

passenger window loose

Hay all...

I've just noticed that my passenger window is a little looser that my drivers and when i have it down half way you can hear it rattle.....:mad:

would anyone be able to help me come up with a quick fix..:lol:

Thank you......

any update on this mate??

since i had my car i noticed my driver side window do this, but never really minded as i rarely have my window down lol

My passenger window comes off the rails sometimes and sticks out at the top of the door sometimes. Othertimes it just stops half way. On good days its perfect. I pulled the door card out to have a look and the motor seems fine. But I have no idea why it gets stuck or goes past the top of the window. I do notice that the rubber that goes around the window might be worn but surely that wouldn't cause this "phenomenon" would it?

oh that does not sound good man! should get it checked, their is bound to be somthing loose or broken for it to do that :confused: and im guessing its somthing that could potentially happen to ours :eek:

with regards to rattling windows, whilst i was looking for something else on CTRO the other day (so can't take credit for idea) i stumbled across a how to stop your windows rattling thread. I've been to halfords this morning and it seems to be working well.

Buy some of this
d00bc208.jpg

and put it here (1 metre does 1 window)
138ef822.jpg

I've since covered mine with some black silicon just for cosmetics but its not needed. I'm not saying it will eliminate all rattles but seems to stop 90% and for ~£5 a window you can't argue really

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been at the honda garage today and they said they can retighten the glass. They did it to mine, passenger side still rattles but drivers side is all good! Can't remeber what exactly they said they would re-tighten, perhaps take off the panel and have a go?

hi i have the same issue as the other guy on this thread my passenger window goes outside the door frame when putting it up and sticks out at the top a little
if i put it up slowly a bit at a time it will slide back into place but would ike to get this fixed asap

any update on a fix would be great

I know what you mean both windows on my ep3 rattle when there down about quarter of the way my previous car was a 05 astra sri which had similar problen which was fixed by replacing 8 rivots on the window regulater mecanisam as the old rivots over time become loose and worn and then wont hold the window in its correct line i would say its the same problem on the type r as many cars suffer from this

Back