• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pay as you go insurance

Hello, I got this leaflet from N.U direct through postbox about pay as u go ins. They fit a gps Tracker to ur car & monitor when & how u use ur car. I don't do much rush hour driving or many motorway miles, I just love to own a CTR for the sake of it TBH. Anybody got a pay as you go policey who can give some feedback? I need to renew mine in July & I'm thinking this could save me hundreads! Thanks. :)

I've heard about this just a bit worrying they know exactly where you are and when. Would you be happy that they know your down the local dogging lane and going from A to B at twice the speed limit?? :p

:]

I don't mind if they know I'm down the dogging lane. The thing is if they do know ur speeding although they can't press charges, they'll prob charge you loads more & not insure u again for been higher risk. If ur car gets nicked the police have ur 'free' tracker signals. This topic must have been covered loads of times before (sorry) :)

How about if you have an accident at speed? You can bet the GPS info will all be stored and if it transpires you were over the speed limit they could void the claim (or even get the police involved). Great idea and it worked out well in trials, but not without its pitfalls

Back