• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

pearl white and carbon wrap

Hello people,

Here is my NHB EP3 as it stands at the moment
Image071.jpg

(not the greatest pic i know but everytime the car gets washed, the clouds feel left out so they have a little go aswell)

i thought i would post this up here as it isnt a full project thread but i will cover my vinyl wrapping as i go through the stages.

forza 3 is a great help with the start of the process as it takes alot less time and money to see what my idea's will look like.

what i have come up with is keeping the top half of the car painted in night hawk black. the bottom half of the car in a pearl white and using a great material called 3M DI-NOC white carbon, usually people use this in a carbon charcoal colour where as i have decided to use it in its white form. i am not trying to fool people into thinking it is real carbon becuase its not but i do really like the effect, i will use this to wrap the rear lip/boot handle/sideskirts/mirrors and a few small interior parts.
anyway below are some sample pics of the effects i will use and the end product i hope to acheive, let me know what you think

PEARL WHITE

pearl2.jpg

3M WHITE CARBON

185825_146996335361644_142397485821529_284920_6338577_n.jpg

FINISHED PRODUCT PICTURES

pearlEP3.jpg

EP3YOOOOOOO.jpg

mugenep3rear.jpg

mugenep3.jpg

ep3stance.jpg

i will post progress pics as the car is being wrapped along with some nice shots when it is complete

This may be a silly question but if you're wrapping the majority of a car in a different colour do you have to notify the DVLA?

Thanks guys

never been a fan of the split bonnet thing. but I would be interested in seeing the finished product. I'm sure you'll love it.

welsh-matt Apparently you only have to notify the DVLA if it is a permanent colour change (i.e. respray to a different colour). A wrap is a temporary colour change as it can easily be pulled off so therefore you don't need to notify them.
Cheers

OP Also meant to say idea looks awesome! Been toying with this idea for mine but not with white, was thinking about a matt black whole car wrap maybe. Are you planning to do it yourself?

Back