• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ped's JDM EP3.

Ped

Hello everyone, Im fairly new, have posted in the Newbies section though and got great replys.

So...This car is not perfect, its been driven and enjoyed. But I am very happy with the condition for the price/age. And I've seen similar aged and condition Import Type-R's go for a couple of grand more than I spent.

Anyway, couple of pictures from after my first test drive. (Taken on blackberry, excuse the quality)

IMG00099-20110409-1222.jpg

IMG00100-20110409-1222.jpg

IMG00101-20110409-1222.jpg

IMG00102-20110409-1223.jpg

Then 2 quick pictures after a quick wash the day after I brought it home

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

As you can see, someone has put their own touches on the car which I, and many others, are not a fan off.

I had tried just picking the rim tape off but trust me it was stuck on very very well.

So had to get hard core. I decided heat was going to help but i'd have to take the wheels to a hair dryer rather than vice versa. Which meant i could give them a quick rub down inside and out.

Jack'd up and mucky.
DSC_0291.jpg

The workspace + weapons of choice. A cheap hair dryer and Jim Dunlop plectrum.
DSC_0296.jpg

After removing the rim tape. Wasn't tooooo difficult with heat but still time consuming. I rinsed the inside of the alloy and used a brush to aggravate the dirt. It came up brilliant.
DSC_0292.jpg

Next I spun the wheel around and used an old Mitt to rub down the face. The tape has left a sticky circle but will have to tackle that another night.
DSC_0293.jpg

I progressed through all 4 wheels.
Another wheel....
DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

Theres only 1 wheel with a curb mark... The extent isn't enough to worry about...
DSC_0298.jpg

Finished product photos....
DSC_0297.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

Some Interior Shots
DSC_0300.jpg

DSC_0301.jpg

Thanks. Thoughts?

^^ :lol:

Looks excellent mate 8) Are the pedals standard? I've never seen the JDM EP3 ones so I'm not sure :lol:

The wheels do look a little bare now, some 'H' centre cap stickers would round them off nicely :smt023

Am I the only one that is scared sh*tless by the tyres?

If you refering to the quality. Then don't worry i don't drive cars like a maniac. I learnt a few years ago.

^^ :lol:

Looks excellent mate 8) Are the pedals standard? I've never seen the JDM EP3 ones so I'm not sure :lol:

The wheels do look a little bare now, some 'H' centre cap stickers would round them off nicely :smt023

Yeah i might get some overlays, white with red H.

The better one if the two. Basically the one who doesn't own a ZS. I had the ep3 and DC5.

So how are you loving life in vtec?

Re; tyres.

I would still get some decent boots on there, they can be had for £60-70 a corner and are the most important component on the car!

The better one if the two. Basically the one who doesn't own a ZS. I had the ep3 and DC5.

So how are you loving life in vtec?

Yep its great. Drove it hard for the first 2 days but im trying to keep the costly driving down for a bit now. Got the zs to sell and things yet so im a bit skint.

Looks loads better without all the crap on the wheels!!

Nice car.

x

I agree, thanks

wicked car mate. don't worry, i've got nangkangs on all corners and i haven't crashed yet :).

are the rear lights supposed to be tinted?

nice looking JDM fella, looks ten times better without the tacky red tape, definatly would of been my 1st move to get rid :smt023 but each to their own.

Nooo, they're JDM.

the indicators would have been fitted when the car came into the UK to comply with the SVA test as there not required in japan, as someone pointed out to a while back, maybe wrong like

Back