• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Performance parts

after doing a test drive at work on saturday, iv decided to go FN2. i was so amazed at the handling and performance over the many EP3s iv previously driven. fingers crossed ** have it in a couple of weeks!

its a 2010 plate in NHB, and it a Gt model with 9k.

only trouble im having is finding performance parts, top of my list lowering springs, any advice...? also exhausts.

and i have my eye on buddyclub P1 SF's in matt black :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You've put FD2 in your post, but posted this in the FN2 section, so I'm assuming you mean FN2.

You can't really go wrong with Eibach Lowering springs. You can get them in 15mm and 30mm variety. The 30mm kits you can only get from ABP Motorsport. The others you can get from pretty much anywhere, most of the traders in the Traders section of this forum will be able to supply and fit them.

Part number E10-40-011-01-22. You may see them advertised as -25mm springs. That is because they also fit the standard 1.8 Civic which is 10mm higher than a CTR.

Exhausts, take your pick really. Common ones to get are:

• Milltek (non-res version is quite loud) for around £500
  • HKS Premium Muffler which gives very slightly better power for around £750, comes with gash replacement exhaust triangles that I personally wouldn't use and the exhaust normally sticks out the back of the bumper but the recent trend is to get them trimmed off so they don't stick out.
  • Toda which is renowned as the best and gives good gains, excellent fit but costs around £1100-1200.
Again most of the traders in the Traders section can supply and fit these.

There are other exhausts available like Blue Flame, but to be honest I wouldn't really bother with them.

The other JDM ones like Mugen, Js and Spoon ones are good, but costs a fortune.

They don't make my exhaust any more because Magnex went out of business, but mine makes the same gains as a HKS Premium Muffler.

If however you do mean a FD2, sorry I can't help. :lol:

no sorry i meant FN2 my bad.

thanks for that all very helpful, springs will be prioty as i think it needs dropping lol.

i see u have an FN2, do u prefer it to the EP3?

i can't see how anyone can say the fn2's performance and handling is amazingly better then an ep3.... just my opinion of course :)

no sorry i meant FN2 my bad.

thanks for that all very helpful, springs will be prioty as i think it needs dropping lol.

i see u have an FN2, do u prefer it to the EP3?

i can't see how anyone can say the fn2's performance and handling is amazingly better then an ep3.... just my opinion of course :)

I've said it in a few places and posts but I do prefer the FN2 to the EP3. I've had the FN2 about a month longer than I had the EP3.

One of the first mods I did to the FN2 was get the Fast Road Set-Up done. This got rid of the Clarkson effect. FRSU and combined with the Eibachs has now got the handling how it should have been from the factory. Lift off oversteer and lots of grip from the front, tasty! :p

The level of equipment on the FN2 and the seats are much better in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I don't think you could call the FN2 soft, but it's not a stripped out racer and it's not trying to be. Then again, neither is the EP3.

EP3 is a great car though, and I'd have another if I had my time again knowing what I know now. I do miss my EP3, but I know if I got rid of my FN2 I'd miss it more.

The performance of the FN2 is pretty similar to the EP3 if I'm honest. When it was standard, the EP3s that I had a play with didn't seem to be pulling away from me at all.

It is a totally different animal now I've had it remapped and had the Balancer Shaft Delete Kit fitted.

Back