• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Peter's Black CTR

Hi

This is my 2001 Civic Type-R. The car is stock except Bilstein B14 Coilover Suspension Kit. I put some photos of it below.

dsc01070.jpg

dsc01071u.jpg

dsc01076pr.jpg

dsc01084dz.jpg

dsc01092m.jpg

dsc01089vv.jpg

Because I bought this car two weeks ago and the winter tires are still fitted I have started thinking about proper summer tires.I consider purchasing Bridgestone Potenza's RE050A. What do you think about those tires?
I also want to change motor oil and all filters. Which motor oil will you recommend?

PS Sorry for my english.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats sitting at a lovely height, looks good!
potenza's are the best make for the type r as they come standard when new!
so yes go for the potenza's

Thanks mates :) The suspension will be regulate to be more soft and a little bit higher because roads in Poland are very pothole. Tose tyres which you can see are too high. The size is 205/50 and tires are rubbing. I dont know why previous owner put those tires but they need to be changed imedietly. I will buy Potenzas probably but I'm thinking about the size of them. 205/45 is the stock tire but 215/45 will be a little bit higher and more comfortable :smt102

Thanks mates :) The suspension will be regulate to be more soft and a little bit higher because roads in Poland are very pothole. Tose tyres which you can see are too high. The size is 205/50 and tires are rubbing. I dont know why previous owner put those tires but they need to be changed imedietly. I will buy Potenzas probably but I'm thinking about the size of them. 205/45 is the stock tire but 215/45 will be a little bit higher and more comfortable :smt102

I've got Falken 452's in 215/45 and I really like them, excellent in all conditions but as I've only had them on since early January it's hard to gauge the wear rate. They still look in excellent condition to me which is no mean feat given that I live in the city of roundabouts.
As you say the pots are indeed fitted as standard but that means nothing, they are extremely noisy and useless in the wet. Have a look through the tyre section for more opinions. :smt023

Back