• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Nice one Tom, are you going to do the round trip in one day or stop on for the Saturday? hopefully you can get a good number of runs in on the Friday, I have never been to the USC weekend but they advertise it as one of their main weekends.
It falls well being the week before the TRO meet too :)

I saw the vid of George having a go with the Evo, he will be ok until he has to touch the brakes haha

Yeah thats what Im hoping Pete. I am confident I can go faster, quite a lot faster, just need some time to get everything running right, Ive ordered the BuddyClub short shifter and new bushes, so hopefully that will eliminate 2nd gear crunch, also Ive got a shift light which Im going to ask Paul at TDi to fit to one of the Nitrous outputs on my Kpro.

If I can get through the gears cleanly and at the right time that should be a massive help, just need to concentrate on launching.

You just need a day were you can do run after run mate when the strip is quiet and everythings constantly at the right temperature you will get faster and faster.

Buddyclub short shifter sounds good pal that should definitely help and the shift light sounds a helpful addition too, in the RWYB days the reaction time doesnt get added onto your run does it, its only when you leave the line?

Yeah, the clock starts ticking once you have broken the second staged beam, so you can sit there for a minute and still get a 12s time. But getting the launch right is huge, the right amount of wheelspin and getting the power down right.

There is an art to it, unfortunately I can't draw yet hahaha

I guess its one of them, you need all the extra power to post the fast runs but need to be able to get all of that same power down without just lighting up the wheels.

Evening All

Just a really quick update, made a call to Shane at JS Performance on Monday afternoon to order two new breather hoses to replace the original ones that came with my Injen CAI, the customer service from JS has been brilliant on both occasions I have dealt with them and I received the new hoses today despite only ordering them late on Monday.
Cut and fitted them tonight and I think they really make a difference together with the breather hose kit which was previously installed, a few pics below...

11.07.12 1.jpg11.07.12 2.jpg11.07.12 3.jpg

Looks Great Pete :) the red & blue them works really well
You just need to get a set of blue coolant hoses now to finish it off

Hi Ben

Hope your well mate, thanks very much, I went for the blue purposely to contrast against the red cam cover and think its turned out well.
Shane at JS has offered me the coolant hoses for a really good price so I am going to order them and get them fitted along with the heater hoses when I have my next service (probably early autumn)

Are you coming down for the TRO meet at Santapod? looks like its going to be a good day :)

Hi Ben

Hope your well mate, thanks very much, I went for the blue purposely to contrast against the red cam cover and think its turned out well.
Shane at JS has offered me the coolant hoses for a really good price so I am going to order them and get them fitted along with the heater hoses when I have my next service (probably early autumn) Are you coming down for the TRO meet at Santapod? looks like its going to be a good day :)

I'm good thanks Pete, I hope your keeping well bud?
Yeah those hoses look quality, I have just been looking at the JS Website and i'm tempted to get a set myself :)
What date is the Tro meet mate? I'm going to modified live on August 12th at Anglesey which should be good, I think TDI north will be taking a couple of cars too.

Yeah i'm good thanks Ben, go for it buddy the quality of the hoses is superb and they make a great cosmetic difference too, have you been in touch with Bren yet or decided on what style cam cover you are going to go for? having the hoses fitted at the same time as your new cam cover would transform the engine bay.

Andrew, yes mate its a 6x4 piper cat back system, I havent got any other pics than the ones on the thread at the moment but can take a couple of close up ones for you if you want? are you looking at getting one of their systems?

Thinking about getting the 6x4 oval but it seems to look better off the car than it does on in the pics, maybe it looks better in person than in pics.

I went from the OEM exhaust to a Blitz Nur Spec then to the Piper oval system thats on now, to be honest I was a bit unsure about the oval tailpipe design initially but was really pleased with it when I saw it fitted and to be honest it looks the best of all three.
Let us know what you decide to go for mate...

Ben the TRO meet at Santa pod is on 11th August, just think you can have a full weekend of motorsport if you can make it to Santa pod and you go to Anglesey haha :)

Pete, has your Piper back box got a makers stamp on it? Ive got a 6x4 Oval in the garage and I have no idea what make it is.

Pete's car has the standard exhaust manifold & CAT mate but still made 232bhp and 167 ftlbs of torque which are really impressive figures, especially the torque.

Is that 232 with a manifold buddy? I got 229 with all stage 1 mods a eurospec.

Hey mate, as Ben said below I'm still running the standard manifold and cat currently and got to the 232 with the injen cai, rbc intake, piper cat back system and k100.
What mods are you currently running making the 229?

Back