• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Pete, has your Piper back box got a makers stamp on it? Ive got a 6x4 Oval in the garage and I have no idea what make it is.

Hey Tom hows things buddy? Yes mate the tailpipe has got the piper stamp on it, magnex do a similar design but imagine they would also have their name stamped on??
Are you still off to santa pod the weekend before the TRO meet?

Pete's car has the standard exhaust manifold & CAT mate but still made 232bhp and 167 ftlbs of torque which are really impressive figures, especially the torque.

Thanks buddy, still a bit off your 242bhp though, think if I can get to 250bhp in the end I will settle for that and the piper manifold/sports cat you are running and a set of Tdi North cams should do the job :)

Thanks buddy, still a bit off your 242bhp though, think if I can get to 250bhp in the end I will settle for that and the piper manifold/sports cat you are running and a set of Tdi North cams should do the job :)

Yeah mate our set-ups are pretty similar bar the manifold & sports CAT so once you have those on yours it should be running 240+.
Those TDI North Cams are really tempting :) I think you would push closer to 260 with the cams & manifold but like yourself I would be happy with 250bhp.

Quick update, gave the car a mini service this afternoon, on Paul at TDI's advice I have gone from running 5/30 to 0/40 which is a preffered option with the engine now being modified and running more power so a trip to Halfords left me £40.00 lighter :(
Had to go and get another oil filter half way through because an Einstein had posted the wrong filter so had to steal the old mans car to go and get the correct one which thankfully the local parts shop had one left in stock.

Getting underneath to drain the oil I noticed a golf ball sized dent in my radiator which one hell of a stone (bolder) must have caused, no leaks but think I may have to invest in a new radiator at some point too.

Mod wise thinking a Piper manifold/sports cat and TDI drop in cams are next on the list, to be honest if I get between 250-260bhp with the addition of these two mods I will probably stop there tuning wise :)
Service wise EBC discs and pads all around and having the radiator sorted will be looked at shortly.

Great thread and car dude!

attachment.php

Rocker cover is awesome!

Thanks buddy the cam cover gets really good comments and just jumped out from all of Bren's designs on the itr forum, to be fair they are all pretty cool though :)

Hey Tom hows things buddy? Yes mate the tailpipe has got the piper stamp on it, magnex do a similar design but imagine they would also have their name stamped on??
Are you still off to santa pod the weekend before the TRO meet?

Hi Pete, good so far, especially now I found out it was only something small that was wrong with my car. God knows what make this exhaust is, never mind, it will be somebody else's problem soon.

I think I will be going down the weekend before, but I might be going down the week after for the Outlaw series, will see which one next week.

Hi Pete, good so far, especially now I found out it was only something small that was wrong with my car. God knows what make this exhaust is, never mind, it will be somebody else's problem soon.

I think I will be going down the weekend before, but I might be going down the week after for the Outlaw series, will see which one next week.

Hey mate, was really pleased to hear that your car got sorted this morning and it wasnt anything serious, you cant imagine how a little fault has such an impact on how the car runs you must of been thinking of all sorts lol
Sorry cant be any help on the exhaust front buddy possibly something like a powerflow custom backbox??

No worries, yeah it was relief it turned out it was something small. **** myself when Ben said it could have been a Valve gone.

The exhaust is on ebay, got a few bids and it ends tomorrow so it will be someone else's problem.

Hows your car running? Are you still enjoying the FRSU.

I bet mate, to be honest you probably would think the worst if it was running like a bag of nails and smoking great relief for you when the fault was diagnosed :)

Good news the exhaust is on its way your garage must be an Aladdin's cave of different aftermarket parts haha

Car's running well thanks mate always feels even better after an oil change but 50% of that is probably a placebo effect lol, FRSU is brilliant mate to be honest I am glad I couldnt go for the springs now because I think the FRSU is an even better mod.

Yeah the garage is slowly emptying, selling bits and bobs. I dont need any of it now. Nothing really worth noting though.

I always think the cars running better after a service, like you say its probably all in my head, but its nice to believe its done something. Fitted the Buddy Club Short Shifter yesterday, this is something else I will recommend, reduces the throw of the gear stick massively, makes the gear changes feel so much better and crisper. Will have to see how I get on at the pod before I make full judgement, as thats where I get second gear crunch.

Good news, its better having the cash in your pocket rather than having bits lying around which you are never going to need or use again, I keep trying to do that with the missus shoes haha

The colour of the oil that came out makes me think that it must do something putting nice new golden oil in haha, I saw you post a comment about the Buddy Club shifter mate and good to hear that its had a real noticeable effect on shifting, is it a reasonable piece of kit or quite pricey? sounds like it could be the answer to your second gear crunch

With all the upgrades youve had done Tom do you know what sort of power increase the OEM cluch was good for? looking at manifold/sports cat and TDI cams so probably around 250-260bhp and wondered if I would need an uprated clutch?

Good news, its better having the cash in your pocket rather than having bits lying around which you are never going to need or use again, I keep trying to do that with the missus shoes haha

The colour of the oil that came out makes me think that it must do something putting nice new golden oil in haha, I saw you post a comment about the Buddy Club shifter mate and good to hear that its had a real noticeable effect on shifting, is it a reasonable piece of kit or quite pricey? sounds like it could be the answer to your second gear crunch

With all the upgrades youve had done Tom do you know what sort of power increase the OEM cluch was good for? looking at manifold/sports cat and TDI cams so probably around 250-260bhp and wondered if I would need an uprated clutch?

The Buddy Club Shifter was £140 new, but Ive seen them come up on ebay and forums for £100. Not a huge price, and it is worth it.

I couldn't tell you about the OEM clutch, I swapped mine for a Stage 2 as soon as I got the car. The OEM clutch should be ok for a couple of months, but upgrading wouldn't hurt.

Is there many miles on your car Pete? It still looks fresh.

Thanks mate, its just gone over 67k, theres a couple of scratches and car park dents that need looking at but its difficult to avoid being my daily drive.

The Buddy Club Shifter was £140 new, but Ive seen them come up on ebay and forums for £100. Not a huge price, and it is worth it.

I couldn't tell you about the OEM clutch, I swapped mine for a Stage 2 as soon as I got the car. The OEM clutch should be ok for a couple of months, but upgrading wouldn't hurt.

Thats good value mate especially as it sounds like its had a really positive effect with shifting, fingers crossed all goes well on your next visit to santa pod and you see a big improvement through 2nd.

With the clutch I will have a word with Paul and see what he thinks but your right either way I guess its not going to do any harm to upgrade it when the power is increased again.

Evening all

Hope everyone's well, finally managed to give the car a long overdue wash and a polish last night thanks to the dry weather we have had this week, apparently its supposed to rain tomorrow so doesnt look like its going to stay clean for long :(
Have been using Autoglym products recently and really can not fault the finish, good excuse to use the wifes new digital camera to take a few shots...

28.07 6.jpg28.07 5.jpg28.07 7.jpg28.07 8.jpg28.07 3.jpg28.07 2.jpg

Back