• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Cheers Pete I will keep an eye out for one :) look forward to seeing it with the Mugen badge fitted
Any more power plans this year or are you just concentrating on the exterior for now?

Going to echo everyone else here but it is looking very good Pete. Keeps going from strength to strength.

Personally I'd defo get another red H on there. The grill just looks a but odd with the blank space there IMO.

Cheers Pete I will keep an eye out for one :) look forward to seeing it with the Mugen badge fitted
Any more power plans this year or are you just concentrating on the exterior for now?

Nice one buddy, the seller only had the one for sale at the time but had all sorts of grills, bumpers and bonnets for sale so imagine there will be another one back up on there by now.

I am not sure if it will be this year mate but if I have another conversation with my local MOT station I would potentially swap my exhaust for a 3" straight through system, get an uprated throttle body on there and see if Paul can reach 260bhp.

That would probably be as far as it went with performance mods mate, a turbo install would be the aim if funds allowed but a 260bhp N/A daily drive is enough to put a smile on your face haha.

I think a carbon Mugen style spoiler will probably be the next mod, how long until you go to TDI now pal?

Going to echo everyone else here but it is looking very good Pete. Keeps going from strength to strength.

Personally I'd defo get another red H on there. The grill just looks a but odd with the blank space there IMO.

Cheers Nick :)

I know what you mean about the space for the 'H' but I personally quite like the look without it, I am going to get the little Mugen badge on there and then see how it looks.

I finally got around to ordering a Mugen badge for my grill from Funky Power this week.

Even though its subtle it takes away the completely bare front end, my little lady decided to photobomb the picture with some encouragement from the better half haha.

She will shortly be placed in the 'for sale' section :D

20130811_142715.jpg

Nice one buddy, the seller only had the one for sale at the time but had all sorts of grills, bumpers and bonnets for sale so imagine there will be another one back up on there by now.

I am not sure if it will be this year mate but if I have another conversation with my local MOT station I would potentially swap my exhaust for a 3" straight through system, get an uprated throttle body on there and see if Paul can reach 260bhp.

That would probably be as far as it went with performance mods mate, a turbo install would be the aim if funds allowed but a 260bhp N/A daily drive is enough to put a smile on your face haha.

I think a carbon Mugen style spoiler will probably be the next mod, how long until you go to TDI now pal?

Grill and Bonnet look great together mate and that Mugen badge finishes it off :)

Are you still after a carbon bootlid to go with the Mugen carbon rear spoiler?

Plans sound good too, 3" exhaust with the bigger throttle I would imagine would see it break the 260 mark which for NA is awesome as you said. Turbo install or a supercharger would give it some pretty epic figures, I think you would probably need an LSD to aid with the power delivery though and I can't rate them enough, they really do change the feel of the car.

I plan to keep mine NA but it can be annoying spending so much money for little gains sometimes, especially when a charger offers great value for money/power.

Thanks Ben! its definitely made a huge improvement to the whole look of the exterior, the OEM bonnet had a load of chips and scratches too so it killed two birds with one stone lol

A carbon boot lid maybe a possibility in the future buddy but the spoiler will be the priority initially.

The 3" exhaust and oversized throttle body would definitely be good additions to the current set-up but I was thinking about the costs involved last night and its going to cost around £1000 for a 3" system, throttle body, installation and mapping and even with those upgrades its probably only going to knock on the door of 260bhp which is an extra 4bhp so there is a chance that performance wise it may already be finished.
As most enthusiasts change their minds more than the weather though I wont guarantee this will remain the case haha

An LSD is definitely something I would like to add mate along with an uprated stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel, it will go to Stevie at Grinspeed for that work after all the positive comments I have heard from yourself and people like Loxy who's also used them.
Does it make a noticeable difference when pulling away? mine does seem to have a slight delay when trying to pull away at speed (unless using launch control of course haha)

No mate its currently got the Japspeed 4-2-1 manifold and Piper system with the Tegiwa 400cel cat kit installed replacing the rear silencer.

To be fair mate I did run the OEM manifold and cat for a long time, the Piper is 2.5" IIRC, how's the breaking coming along? :(

Coming along ok, everything Im selling except the Meister R's is off the car. Just waiting for stuff to sell now. Thought the Spoon calipers would have sold straight away, but I think I might have had the price a bit too high.

As you said in an above post, a throttle body and 3" exhaust, won't make you much more top end power, although I would imagine it would make some mid range, but for the cost you would have to decide if its worth it.

Glad its all going ok, really sad to see it with a lot of the bits striped off but if its met its purpose and you have got the next project in mind then its a positive move, are you still toying with a k20 powered EG?

I saw you had reduced the price on the Spoon calipers, I am sure they will sell pretty quick its just waiting for someone to come along who has got the available cash.

Yeah thats it mate its justifying the cost to the gain, at the moment I am happy but at the same time if I got a bonus from work tomorrow then I may go for the larger throttle body and 3" exhaust haha your right that it could unlock a bit more in the mid range too.

Im hoping for an EK, 1.4 or 1.5 run it for this year, slowly updating the suspension and getting together the braking, sorting out any little problems, and then put the K20 in next year. Then when I get something else to run as a daily, throw the turbo back on and just use it for track days and Santa Pod.

For the money you would spend on the TB and Exhaust, you could just buy a JRSC, bolt on and forget. With the mods you already have you will easily see 300+bhp, and that is very quick in an EP3.

I like the sound of your plans mate, exciting times ahead then!! an EK with a K20 would be brilliant fun and if you stuck the turbo back on at some point too it would be one mental EK, probably too early stages but any plans for exterior styling or would it be kept as a sleeper?

If I sat down and worked out how much I have spent on the car already it would easily cover a supercharged/turbo set-up which is scary haha, but then I guess you have got the extra costs insurance and fuel to allow for too, stop tempting me with 300bhp comments :D

Thanks Ben! its definitely made a huge improvement to the whole look of the exterior, the OEM bonnet had a load of chips and scratches too so it killed two birds with one stone lol

A carbon boot lid maybe a possibility in the future buddy but the spoiler will be the priority initially.

The 3" exhaust and oversized throttle body would definitely be good additions to the current set-up but I was thinking about the costs involved last night and its going to cost around £1000 for a 3" system, throttle body, installation and mapping and even with those upgrades its probably only going to knock on the door of 260bhp which is an extra 4bhp so there is a chance that performance wise it may already be finished.
As most enthusiasts change their minds more than the weather though I wont guarantee this will remain the case haha

An LSD is definitely something I would like to add mate along with an uprated stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel, it will go to Stevie at Grinspeed for that work after all the positive comments I have heard from yourself and people like Loxy who's also used them.
Does it make a noticeable difference when pulling away? mine does seem to have a slight delay when trying to pull away at speed (unless using launch control of course haha)
I know what you mean mate, my bonnet looks like a second hand dartboard with the amount of chips it has :lol:
How do you go about protecting the carbon bonnet from UV rays etc? I noticed the lacquer can peel and go cloudy if poorly maintained

Yeah those carbon mugen style spoliers look fantastic, I think fitment wise they vary in quality but if you can get it sitting right they do look really well.
The carbon bootlids are might expensive unfortunately and there is also the added cost of transferring the rear windscreen which is around £100.
Yeah I totally understand where you are coming from regarding the exhaust & throttle body, it is a lot of money for very little gain unfortunately, truth be told it's unlikely you would feel the benefit of an extra 4 to 5 peak bhp. I think a supercharger would be a good move if it's tempting you :)
not that i'm trying to get you to spend money haha

The LSD would be the perfect next step for yours mate, I really can’t put into words how much difference it makes (but i'll try), it’s something that would aid your setup in terms of grip, handling and driver control. Yeah it helps distribute the power delivery perfectly to the front wheels so pulling away and launching is greatly improved, it’s an awesome bit of kit. Powering out of corners is where it works best for me because previously the car felt twitchy at times when coming out of corners whereas the diff just keeps the power on the tarmac rather than wheel spinning/torque steering all over the place.

You will probably find you have to gently feed the power at the moment when driving quickly into bends but the diff will allow you to keep your foot planted :) makes the car safer to drive and a lot more enjoyable

Basically what I’m saying is GET IT DONE :cool:

Back