• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Nice one Pete :) look forward to seeing the update, I'm sure it will make enough power to keep you happy, no doubt will break the 260 mark and the torque will go up considerably with the de-cat & 3" exhaust :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Time for a quick update.

After a few backwards and forwards emails with Paul at TDI and Stevie at Grinspeed I have come to the conclusion if you are going to do something you might as well do it properly. :)

So I am now booked in with Paul and the lads at TDI for Monday 17th February to have my RBC ported to 70mm - the Skunk2 throttle body, Skunk2 fuel rail and RDX injectors (which have all been ordered today) fitted along with one of their 3" exhausts that Paul has had made up for me, then onto the dyno for a remap.

The plan is to then stop at the Premier Inn near Preston on Monday night and have another early get up to be with Stevie at Grinspeed for 830am for an Exedy stage 1 clutch and diff to be fitted Tuesday morning, well maybe 900am allowing for a cheeky fry up at the hotel in the morning :D

It should come back from "up norf" a completely different car and I am dead excited, quite scary to think with the money spent so far I could have probably brought a very clean Evo or even a Skyline but were is the fun in that?? as Loxy says you dont modify cars to make money ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like it'll be a right monster when you're done!

If you come to JAE again this year I want a ride in it ;)

Nice one Pete :) that is going to be a nice couple of days, exciting times mate. I can't wait to see the results and I know for certain you are going to love how the car drives & feels with the LSD.

Get plenty of pics when you are getting the work done :)

Excellent Pete. You'll love the LSD, it's a great mod and I bet it will start to feel like you need it with the extra torque you'll be getting. :smt023

Nice Pete my car is booked with TDI for exactly the same spec plus the TDI cams , the LSD really transforms the car . Moneywise forget it we might as well be venturing well into Cayman territory . However despite MR cars been great I agree with Loxy . What I am thinking about is probably a hybrid K24-K20 2.2 something motor custom bulletproof build making more than 300 bhp. This is what bothers me the most spending-wise that maybe I should have eventually build a motor . You can build one of these bulletproof as well .Anyway *shrugs* who knows

Sounds like it'll be a right monster when you're done!

If you come to JAE again this year I want a ride in it ;)

Thanks mate, these mods should definitely leave a very capable EP3.

Im 100% for JAE again this year mate, will be coming for the full weekend this year too.

I'll make a deal with you, I'll take you out in the civic and you can take me out in the Scoob ;)

Nice one Pete :) that is going to be a nice couple of days, exciting times mate. I can't wait to see the results and I know for certain you are going to love how the car drives & feels with the LSD.

Get plenty of pics when you are getting the work done :)

Definitely will be mate, the time is all booked off at work now too and the Premier Inn is only £29.00 for the night!! it would be rude not to stay over at that price haha.
Cheers buddy, I will make sure I do a proper write up and take plenty of pics to upload.

Excellent Pete. You'll love the LSD, it's a great mod and I bet it will start to feel like you need it with the extra torque you'll be getting. :smt023

Thanks Loxy, never having driven an EP3 with an LSD I am probably looking forward to this mod most of all, everyone comments on how good the diff is and the car really could do with one now let alone with the additional torque that the engine mods and map will produce. :)

Why didn't you to just get tdi to do the lot?

Hi Daz

After reading loads of reviews and alot of comments on here the result was that Stevie at Grinspeed is superb when it comes to anything transmission related, dont get me wrong I know Paul and the lads at TDI would also do a superb job, having had all my engine work done by them I know first hand the quality of their work.

The general consensus seemed to point towards engine = TDI and transmission = Grinspeed which is what I have gone with.

Nice Pete my car is booked with TDI for exactly the same spec plus the TDI cams , the LSD really transforms the car . Moneywise forget it we might as well be venturing well into Cayman territory . However despite MR cars been great I agree with Loxy . What I am thinking about is probably a hybrid K24-K20 2.2 something motor custom bulletproof build making more than 300 bhp. This is what bothers me the most spending-wise that maybe I should have eventually build a motor . You can build one of these bulletproof as well .Anyway *shrugs* who knows

Nice one mate, you are going to love those cams and you have definitely made the right choice in my opinion.
A 300bhp N/A set-up would something special, to get over 300bhp with a K20 you've got to be thinking super or turbo charging.

Pete since you are doing the LSD and the exedy why not throw in a synchro kit ? You might want that for those rifle bolt shifts :)

Pete since you are doing the LSD and the exedy why not throw in a synchro kit ? You might want that for those rifle bolt shifts :)

To be honest I think the stage 1 clutch and LSD will be enough for now, although I did contemplate throwing a lightened flywheel into the mix but we will see haha.

Stevie did my stg1 clutch and diff, flawless work as always and totally transformed the car!

Stevie did my stg1 clutch and diff, flawless work as always and totally transformed the car!

Thanks Chop, I've only heard good things about Stevie's work and I'll take the above as another recommendation ;)
How many miles have you covered on the clutch mate?

Back