• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Hi Pete. I have to say you are my idol. I'm around £5,000 into my 2003 ep3 now and i can't stop. Your story is epic and I think I now know what I need to do to it now. Step by step I'm going to be following your path to ep3 heaven.
thankyou for sharing a brilliant write up.

Hi Pete. I have to say you are my idol. I'm around £5,000 into my 2003 ep3 now and i can't stop. Your story is epic and I think I now know what I need to do to it now. Step by step I'm going to be following your path to ep3 heaven.
thankyou for sharing a brilliant write up.

Glad you like the build thread mate, always a bonus to receive nice comments about the car.

Sounds like you have a very capable EP3 of your own with the money you have put in so far, you need to get a build thread posted up. :)

Well this Friday is the day for the secret(ish) next upgrade, so all being well I should be able to post an update Friday evening - really need to be sensible for the next 6 months then and just enjoy the car :D

On a slightly more frustrating note the boot has developed a small leak during heavy rain, after faffing around for half an hour last night it looks as though the water is getting in through the rubber bung in the top right corner of the boot lid and will need sorting asap. (bloody cars)

I'm trying. Not too sure on how to start one. I will keep trying, it would be good to get a bit of feed back. I understand how you feel about ploughing money into an old car but hey, if it keeps us happy then why not. It becomes an addiction. I think about mine when I go to sleep. Lol. I'm 40 next year and mrs thinks I'm having a mid life crisis.

Ok, time for me to spill on what yesterday's secret little project was all about lol, one or two of you on Facebook may have already seen a couple of photos.

Ben from the forum had messaged me in March to say that he was looking to sell his JDM Recaro's and take his interior back to standard giving me first refusal, knowing the condition that the seats where in when Ben first brought them and how well he looks after his car it was a no brainer.

Ben also offered me his facelift door panels to match the seats and his JDM floor mats so I ended up going for all three :)

Rubbish weather yesterday but still had a good journey up to Denbigh to meet Ben at his work, luckily they have a good size warehouse allowing us to get the cars undercover to swap everything over in the dry.

After a good hour or so catching up with Ben (absolutely top lad) we made a start removing the drivers seat from his EP3, before removing the seats from mine and exchanging them all over, relatively easy job especially with two pairs of hands which is good to angle the seats in without catching anything, they then just need a little persuasion to get the frames lined up which again is relatively easy with two people working on them together.

Ben had swapped over his seats a couple of times before but the door cards where new territory for both of us, after having a look at a walk through guide on the internet we decided just to crack on with it (a bit daunting prising the door cards off the poppers for the first time) everything went relatively well especially after we had taken one off and knew exactly what to do, the only exception being that we found a pre-facelift drivers side window controller is not compatible with the facelift wiring loom and vice versa haha.

Bit of a funny moment at the very end when we both couldn't get back out of our drivers doors, realising that we hadn't reset the handle mechanism fully so back off with both door cards to correct our error, overall a brilliant day, great to see Ben again and couldn't be happier with the interior :D

A few photos of the new interior and mine and Ben's cars together below.....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Seats 1.jpg
    Seats 1.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Seats 2.jpg
    Seats 2.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Seats 3.jpg
    Seats 3.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Ben 1.jpg
    Ben 1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Ben 2.jpg
    Ben 2.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 140
  • Ben 3.jpg
    Ben 3.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 140
Mate you car is amazing I know I have said it before but it just is. and I'm so happy you finally posted what you were doing it was driving me mad haha

McSherryMan

Superb! You made the correct choice buddy. Those seats and mats look immaculate!

Both cars are looking great, definitely two of the best around.

Fantastic write up Pete :) great day yesterday and I'm pleased you are happy with the seats, they look absolutely awesome in your car, especially combined with Jimbos excellent centre console and the JDM mats. Thanks for having them mate and it was nice to catch up again, I'm really pleased with your seats & door cards both are in excellent condition. Hopefully catch up again soon for a few beers, your car is easily the best EP3 on the forum

Now these seats look awesome and compliment the interior, centre console and handles! Love it!!

Back