• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Petrol and Oil for my 2007 FN2 Civic...

What make and grade of oil is the best to use? I was planing on getting some Castrol R or what ever the top end stuff is called... Also, are there any decent fuel additives thats worth using too?

Cheers

Any decent 5w-40 fully synthetic will be fine.

I get my car serviced with Millers or Fuchs Titan Pro-S.

Don't bother with fuel additives, they aren't needed.

I found my car was more responsive with V-power, but whether it gave any gains before a remap is anyone's guess. I didn't get on with Tesco Momentumn, the engine seemed noisier. I'm stuck with higher octane fuel now I've had my car mapped on it, so only ever use V-power.

Hey I phoned Honda and asked them about oil as in my previous type r's 10-40 semi was advised, but I just bought my third type r (ep3) and a Honda booklet came in with the wallet about recommended oil and that said to use Castrol longtec 0-30 fully. So I phoned Honda to inquire and the guy said the oil Honda use if they was servicing your car would be Castrol professional series 10-40 semi this is because it's more cost-effective for Honda and the owner as type r's use some oil, but he said 0-30 or 0-40 fully is fine and could help keep your engine in good nick but it's a thinner oil so could use a bit more, he said if I could afford to keep putting in fully synthetic go for it. (Honda used to use Mobil 1 but have switched to Castrol as they feel it's a better oil). So I've just had a service with forte advanced engine flush, stuck in Castrol Edge 0-40 fully and a new oil filter and my car feels more responsive, quieter and smoother, I'm happy using this oil and I don't seem to use much on mine but I suppose it depends on how you drive. Whether it's the same on an fn2 though I'm not sure. I would go for good quality oil though hope this helps. Forgot to mention I could not find Castrol longtec oil apparently this has changed to Castrol edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back