• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Petrol, Constantly filling up!

Hey Guys/Gals,

Ive had my CTR for just over a week now, Ive been driving it alot not only being a new car and that but just had quite a bit on. Ive probably done about 600 miles within a week but Ive lost count of how many times ive filled up!

I know the more you put your foot down the more it drinks but just wondered what you guys normally get to a tank? Although Ive yet to reset the trip after filling up and check what im getting to the tank.

All the times ive filled up with BP Ultimate.

i normally get somewhere between 320 - 360 miles to the tank approx, worked it out a couple of times with some reciets and making a note of the milage and was getting around 30-35 mpg

i'm scared to check it at the min though a I've developed a lead foot since putting Kpro in:twisted::twisted::twisted:

I used to get between 280-320 but once did 370 on non stop motorway run.

I have moved this to the Petrol/Oil section. :cool:

Use the MPG calculator to get the figures you ask about.

Obviously fuel use and driving style are linked. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

During my CTR ownership I had a worst of 120 miles to a tank and a best of 365 :eek: :eek: :eek:

Serious Jekyll and Hyde car. :cool:

Yeah same here, usually between 180-220... never more than 260-280, even with motorway runs.

Thats the price you pay for being surrounded by A and B roads I suppose :twisted:

looks like i'm getting quite a bit to the tank then, mind you i do a lot of steady criusing most days when traveling to and from work, the A50n isnt the most exciting of roads

Ive only just picked up on this thread. Was wondering if anyone had posted one about m.p.g.

I was worrying about my consumption, but now I've seen some of the results from you guys I feel alot better. lol

The worst I ever got was the day I took it on the M.A.C. I seem to remember the instructor making me rag it. I filled up before I met him and had the amber reserve light on as I dropped him off. I couldnt beleive how much fuel it had used in 8 hours of driving.

It averages between 385 and 405 nowadays. But there are some nice flowing roads I use so braking and accelerating arent really needed. It did do 420 on the way to Norfolk last year, mainly motorway and dual carrigeway journies.

Id be interested if the sticky Potenza's were replaced with some high wearing michelins to see if the gas mileage would improve some more. :rolleyes:

385+ on a regular basis is very very good going. I didn't really see more than 250miles to a tank when i had my EP3, so i'd say you're doing pretty well!

I used to get about 300 to a tank in my EP3, my record was 375 which all motorway cruising at about 75-80mph.

Does anyone use first gear all the time for pulling away? I find it much easier and economic to use 2nd gear for pulling away (1st for hill starts and slow manouvering.........and quick starts) Normal driving I usually only use 2nd, 4th and 5th or 6th depends if its motorway or A roads. It seems to return a more consistent and higher M.P.G. ;)

I always use first for pulling away, thats what its for, using second won't do your clutch any good in the long run.

Get out of it. Your clutch is getting the same usage no matter wether it's first or second gear. Riding the clutch is the killer. The engine has enough torque to pull cleanly in second gear. First gear is just to thrashy for normal driving in my opinion.
Anyway, if the clutch can cope with down shifts with the engine and and gearbox spinning as fast as the k20 units can, I think using second gear to pull away with will be no problem at all.

Back