• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Petrol flap release problem

Hi guys my petrol flap release has never worked since ive owned the car the mechanism/pull handle works but at the flap no movement hense it doesnt pop when pulled . It seems as if something is missing can anyone help?
Many Thanks Leighton

spring just under the flap behind the hinge. 1x m6 nut holds the flatish spring on, it may have snapped or something. :)

did you sort this problem out? mine does the same seems to be when left for awhile and not filled or something....i need someone to pull on the flap as i release. then once its done it a few times it seems to work fine.

if this persists i think im going to get very annoyed and hulk it up and tear the flap off!:mad:

no not sorted unfortunatly mine just looks straight broke , i was thinking the hulk root but dont want to do anymore damage , im getting someone to sort it at my next mot in december

well thats a bugger! hmm i pressed the lil knob thing inside the recessed part for about a minute continuously...that seems to have worked a treat for now (touch wood) i have read elsewhere that people have had the latch cable tightened and that has fixed it 100% so perhaps try that...i dunno how easy it is to tighten this cable though.

Back