• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Petrol price in Colchester

Hi guys,
What's the petrol price like in Colchester or Essex now?

I just saw that Cambridge is at 93p at Esso and 95p at Tesco's! I haven't filled up for about 5 weeks now. I thought it was 89p then.

Not Essex or Colchester.....but I've been stunned by petrol prices this week.

Tesco 99 Ron was up at 99.9 and BP Ultimate was at 102.9 :shock: :x
Both in Slough. I'm guessing it will be very close to this accross most East England :roll:

Yes it's gone back up because of the potential conflict with Iran.

I paid 99.9p/l for diesel today. Normal UL was 96.9p/l

Dyls said:

Ive paid about £220 in fuel this month... :x

dotty said:
Dyls said:

:lol: :lol: I put in £42.50 into the Leon today and it will last me about a week! I'd be crying if I had to pay £220/month in fuel costs, that's why I'm a tight git and have a diesel.

Dyls said:
dotty said:
Dyls said:

:lol: :lol: I put in £42.50 into the Leon today and it will last me about a week! I'd be crying if I had to pay £220/month in fuel costs, that's why I'm a tight git and have a diesel.

Am tempted to swap cars with my brother for a while. Those Leon Cupra diesles don't half go......and all at 50mpg :shock:

I sympathise with you Stu.....I average around that every month too. Not nice :roll:

:evil: Prices have gone up round here too :cry:

Last two week's prices have increased, put £30 in last monday, optimax was 98.9ltr, couple of week's ago it was 95.9

Its £1.01 for SUL in the Texaco near me.

Problem is - As its the only garage in the area, and there is no local competition, they can price it how they want. Plus as I live in a tourist area, the price goes up at times like Easter and the summer break. :evil:

i fill up at the marks tey shell garage that was 97.9 for opitmax

bishop's stortford and braintree shell is 99.9 for opitmax :shock:

So it looks like it won't matter much if I fill up at Esso normal unleaded before heading down to Colchester today. Just wondering which is more economical. haha.

Back