• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pic request: FRSU on Spoon / Eibach springs

Hi chaps,

As above - my mate is fitting my Spoon springs and camber arms/bolts on Monday and I just wanted to see what they look like with the springs and FRSU (-1 degree Cam if possible...)

I told a few mates of mine that I was gonna go with the recommended FRSU setup (as recommended here http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22184-Suspension-for-beginners ) And they said -1 is a tyre eater?

I will have the following sorted by Monday:

- Spoon progressive springs (-20mm)
- Eibach/SPC front camber bolts
- Eibach/SPC rear camber arms
- JDM RARB
- E-tech front strut brace

Running on Falken FK452's 205/40/R17s... (can anyone recommend other tyre choice size as well ;) )...

Thanks in advance!

This should look similar to how Dotty's JDM was set-up, I'm not sure how aggressive his FRSU was though. You won't really notice -1.0 camber IMO... Don't get me wrong, it'll be there - but not to someone who doesn't know differently.

2009-08-16_14-47-24_160820091326.jpg
web1.jpg
2009-06-07_14-57-46_070620091160.jpg

Cheers pal, yea can't really notice it that much - but I guess that could just be those pics!? I told a few local lads about the settings and they were like "Oh my god that'll munch through tyres" :|

Do you mean, you won't feel the difference between factory settings and -1.0° ? What would you recommend then?
Why are so many claiming then a FRSU is one of the best mods you can go for?

Because it is. It's not about how extreme the set-up is, its setting the car up correctly as a whole. For most -1deg is ample and won't destroy tyres. Toe kills tyres quicker than camber.

Here is my old EP3 with Eibach bolts, arms and springs.

7.jpg

FRSU settings below.

TGMFRSU.jpg

I believe that, I'm just getting little confused now about -1.0° not being noticeable while still being the very famous FRSU...
One thing is for sure, when I'd go for a FRSU I want the perfect balance between tire dureability and handling, like you explain it hasnic.

Thank for all the info so far!

-1deg won't be enough that your wheels are going to look like / \ nor will it be enough to destroy your tyres, but for road use it's fine. If it was going for track work then you'd want to be running a bit more.

As you're in Belgium, why not go down to Germany to have it done, surely going to work out cheaper than having to come to the UK?

Handling wise you'll notice that the car is set-up correctly, and handles far more like how it should. Adding more camber generally means you have to be driving faster to get the benefit from the extra camber. On the road it's very rare that you'll actually get enough load on road tyres to use anything much more than -1/-1.5deg from a performance stand point.

For the record: Earthslug, I was referring to visually. -1.0 camber is not visually noticable, you could probably point it out to someone - but it's not like this for example:

Here's mine on about -3.7 or something. :lol:

4f9861fd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back