• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

pic request of cars lowered on springs please

as the title states, im looking at buying some lowering springs for my ep3, i do want it to sit a bit lower aswell as improve the handling so just looking for pics of peoples cars lowered and on what springs, have looked at the eibachs but been here before, they ride nice but dont lower enough, tein ar a lower rated spring but would like to see how they sit, apex is a bit of a cheaper option and ill be doing a few trackdays so would rather go for a better quality spring, not interested in coilovers as decent ones are way out of my price range and cheap ones just wont do the job, ive got a guy to do my 4 wheel alignment and fast road set up once springs are on and settled so am all set once i figure out what to buy

ABP Springs sound like they will be the best for you. They are a 35mm drop and made in partnership with Eibach ;)

This is a pic of mine when it was on ABP springs a few years back
ABPDrop.jpg

Edited: These were the older type ABP Springs and 35mm iirc not 30mm

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys, thats the kind of stance imm looking for, how does it drive on thoes springs? also where would you recomend to buy them from? have just been speaking to a friend of mine who says he heard bad things of how the tein springs drive, suposed to be very stiff? are these the same?

o0craig0o -could never decide whether i wanted my oem wheels refurbed in white, think i've just made up my mind, that looks freakin awesome!! :cool:
is that championship white?

o0craig0o -could never decide whether i wanted my oem wheels refurbed in white, think i've just made up my mind, that looks freakin awesome!! :cool:
is that championship white?

It's actually 'Appliance White' Halfords rattle cans and plenty of lacquer :lol:

It's actually 'Appliance White' Halfords rattle cans and plenty of lacquer :lol:
:lol: does the job nicely! you refurb them yourself then? crackin' job if you did!!
with those springs did you have any problems with speed bumps? my car is lowered but no idea what springs its on, previous owner seemed to have treated the car like sh*t so rather get them done myself, and besides this stance looks loads better too! :cool:

Yeah did them 1 at a time in the garage and took my time. Was the first time i had used rattle cans, just take your time and you will be happy with the results and the cash in your wallet.

Only scrapped on huge speed bumps and multi-storey car parks i found, apart from that they were fine.

ABP Springs sound like they will be the best for you. They are a 35mm drop and made in partnership with Eibach ;)

This is a pic of mine when it was on ABP springs a few years back
ABPDrop.jpg

Edited: These were the older type ABP Springs and 35mm iirc not 30mm

That looks Immense! Think i'll be going for White wheels on my NHB too :)

Back