• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

pics of your dash

That all black dash is so nice but I'm getting my ep vinyl wrapped white so torn between white or black but im scared white will be tacky lol
That was my fear with white aswell but just bit the bullet and went for it. will get pictures up as soon as i get it back.

thanks mate took me ages to do and have now got the bubbles out it took me hours and hours to do as it wasnt pre cut and had to get it so Hot to mold so just kept burning my fingers lol.

thanks mate  took me ages to do  and have now got the bubbles out  it took me hours and hours to do as it wasnt pre cut  and had to get it so Hot to mold  so just kept burning my fingers lol.

thanks mate took me ages to do and have now got the bubbles out it took me hours and hours to do as it wasnt pre cut and had to get it so Hot to mold so just kept burning my fingers lol.

I've done my console carbon wrap as well before mate. Yours is a lot better than what I did that's why I'm sprayig it in different colour. :D

I'm the opposite it seems when it comes to modding the dash...........

WHEN PURCHASED;

P1000385.jpg

Quality of carbon wrap was quite poor in places, so next step...............

TRIED SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND FASCIA ADAPTOR WAS BLENDED IN, FILLED AND SPRAYED ETC;

P1000408.jpg

That kept reacting though, as you can see between the stereo and control knobs so next step;

WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE NOW;

P1000447.jpg

;)

Got my ep3 Xmas eve and couldn't stand looking at the Scratched dash so kept myself busy today :)
Mick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 130
Yellow looks cool too, must need quite a few coats though i'm guessing to kind of get a 'depth' to the paint?

I've coated it 3 times already bud.

I'm thinking if I put too much then it would look awful because of the thickness?

Yep, hard to strike a balance, can't have it too thin but not too thick to make it look odd....... as you can see on the second pic of my dash on the previous page, that had several coats and although it looked ok, the dash control knobs didn't sit right after being clipped back in. That's why pic three shows the standard dash as i had to buy new upper and lower panels!

Yep, hard to strike a balance, can't have it too thin but not too thick to make it look odd....... as you can see on the second pic of my dash on the previous page, that had several coats and although it looked ok, the dash control knobs didn't sit right after being clipped back in. That's why pic three shows the standard dash as i had to buy new upper and lower panels!

That's why I'm trying to do it nicely! :)

One more thing, is it hard to take the upper console off? Loads of wires in there. I don't want to mess them up. :rolleyes:

One more thing, is it hard to take the upper console off? Loads of wires in there. I don't want to mess them up. :rolleyes:

Pops off like Lower console mate. Disconnected your wiring looms for CD player, heater controls etc then it'll pull away and you can start taking all the screws out of the controls. Just make sure you take note of what screws go where ;)
Mick

Pops off like Lower console mate. Disconnected your wiring looms for CD player, heater controls etc then it'll pull away and you can start taking all the screws out of the controls. Just make sure you take note of what screws go where ;)
Mick

I'll give it a go tomorrow and finish my whole console.

Thanks. :D

Mine is in the process of being done in white with a red pinstripe but i've ditched the pinstripe after seeing yours.

Good job.

;) looks lovely day and night in glad i picked white :) Was going to go for gunmetal grey or black but decided on white to match my alloys

Back