• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

pictures of V2 kits

any have the above on their EP3's fitted?

im thinking of getting it along with a spoon N1 + b-pipe.
want to see where it is located and all that

19032008151.jpg

nice! does the pipe come in red???

am i right to say where the cone is situated, water will not get to it???

nice! does the pipe come in red???

am i right to say where the cone is situated, water will not get to it???
No water should get to it, but a shít load of heat will. An open cone in the engine bay may sound nice, but you probably won't see any significant gains. Save a bit more money and go for a CAI kit.

ok then can you suggest a filter other than the Gruppe M, cause i cant justify the money (cant they make a plastic box than a carbon one cause i think more would be bought by many of us) that would be better than the AEM V2 cause the AEM CAI will get hydrolock...

They're carbon for a reason. A plastic box would get hotter making it less effective. The only other boxes I would go for other than a Gruppe M would be a J's racing or possibly an ARC box (however I don't know a lot about them), but they're around the same price as the M. You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Try and get one second hand if you can and give the filter a clean up if needed. They do come up fairly often, but they get snapped up quickly.

The Mugen box is a little cheaper, however it's not supposed to be a great improvement over the OEM box.

People say alot about this heat affecting your engine and i havent noticed anything. My V2 has been on the car for 6 months now and i think you do get a little gain, not much. I took it off about 6 weeks ago to sell it and hated the car without it so i put it back on.
It depends on what your doing to your car whether you spend the money for a gruppe m.
If a cracking noise is what you want and very little gains , if any , buy one.

People say alot about this heat affecting your engine and i havent noticed anything. My V2 has been on the car for 6 months now and i think you do get a little gain, not much. I took it off about 6 weeks ago to sell it and hated the car without it so i put it back on.
It depends on what your doing to your car whether you spend the money for a gruppe m.
If a cracking noise is what you want and very little gains , if any , buy one.

have you got any pics/could you take some pics as i wanna see where the pipercross air feed hose is situated and fitted please...this would get rid of heatsoak a little. thanks

:)

Just get an Injen CAI & buy one of those socks to put over it. If you wanna drive through rivers & streams buy a nice Land rover with lift kit & high intake/periscope exaust etc.

2890murra where does the intake end of that hose go/where does it get the cold air feed? your engine bay looks neat!;)

i agree ive had my v2 on 4 about 7 month and no problems, not much power gain but the sound is awesome!

you all saying not much power gains any 1 taken it on a rolling road to see the actual amount? you not going to notice 18bhp gain (stated by aem) very much any way and the most power will probally be produced right at the peak power so it would be 18bhp at like 8000rpms, prob same for most induction kits i would of thought.
i wouldnt think that an induction kit alone could produce the likes of 20 bhp all up the rev range even this masterful gruppe M thing. your prob gonna need the k-pro to get it mapped out.
i just got my V2 fitted on the 14 october it feels a bit more responsive but i just got it for the v tec roar and sound at 8200rpms and wanted something different from the usual k&n that goes about
cheers

that would be peak gain in perfect conditions and only stating what i read in brackets in magazine for the advert for it from abp motorsport.
and are you a disbeleiver in abp? :lol:

Back