• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pioneer AVIC-D3

anyone had any experience with this unit? really tempted to get one which is up for £250.
Thoughts would be appreciated!

Would love some advice on a good head unit for my EP3, must be touch screen :). Something under £200 would be ideal, Anyone point me in the right direction?

Would love some advice on a good head unit for my EP3, must be touch screen :). Something under £200 would be ideal, Anyone point me in the right direction?

Grab a Pioneer HU 2nd hand. The AVH-3200BT / 3300BT would be a good shout and you might be able to get it for under £200 hundred. You won't get a good Double DIN touchscreen HU for under £200 brand new.

yeah im looking for second hand, but i want something with GPS built in too, hence why looking at those Pioneers

Kenwood has garmin sat nav built in! Brilliant head unit, cannot fault it, also has parot bluetooth built in,

I can help you with this as I was in the same predicment a year ago. I did alot oF reasearch into this and came to the Following conclusion:

Go For the Kenwood DNX series, the entry level is 52** series. There are 3 (soon to be 4) models based on the year it was released: 5220BT = 2008, 5240BT 2009, 5260BT-2010, 5280BT coming out soon. BT denotes bluetooth model

Despite being the entry level, it has a vast range oF Features:
- Garmin Sat Nav
- Parrot Bluetooth with external mic
- rear usb with wire so you route into glove box
- TV optional
- DVD
- 6.1 inch touch screen

I have the DNX5220BT [got mine From ebay a year ago] and have no regrets, I can take pics oF how it is Fitted iF you wish.
I would go For the DNX5240/60 maybe, so you can get a more up to date map. They cost £150 to updafte From garmin.

Here is the DNX 5280bt .http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-kenwood-dnx-5280bt_p-27182.htm

There is a DNX 7*** and 9*** series also, they have a larger screen and a bit more Features.

Let me know iF you have any questions. Apologies or the capital F, my F button is not working! arrhhh, had to ctrl v to get into this message.

cheers for all the info mate tha'ts a massive help! currently looking at a 5220BT with 8hours to go currently at £185!

I can help you with this as I was in the same predicment a year ago. I did alot oF reasearch into this and came to the Following conclusion:

Go For the Kenwood DNX series, the entry level is 52** series. There are 3 (soon to be 4) models based on the year it was released: 5220BT = 2008, 5240BT 2009, 5260BT-2010, 5280BT coming out soon. BT denotes bluetooth model

Despite being the entry level, it has a vast range oF Features:
- Garmin Sat Nav
- Parrot Bluetooth with external mic
- rear usb with wire so you route into glove box
- TV optional
- DVD
- 6.1 inch touch screen

I have the DNX5220BT [got mine From ebay a year ago] and have no regrets, I can take pics oF how it is Fitted iF you wish.
I would go For the DNX5240/60 maybe, so you can get a more up to date map. They cost £150 to updafte From garmin.

Here is the DNX 5280bt .http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-kenwood-dnx-5280bt_p-27182.htm

There is a DNX 7*** and 9*** series also, they have a larger screen and a bit more Features.

Let me know iF you have any questions. Apologies or the capital F, my F button is not working! arrhhh, had to ctrl v to get into this message.

Hi Mate

Do these stereos have a code ?

Back