• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Piper exhausts

As I'm in the market for a new cat-back system for the ep3 I was wondering if anyone had any experience of piper systems, they are in the right price bracket for me and I believe they are one of the quieter systems available, has anybody got one on their ep3?

I've been in an EP3 with one fitted and had a few other cars I've owned with Piper cat backs fitted. Good quality systems that generally fit and perform well - Does What It Says On The Tin, so to speak. Not loud or "JDM" enough for some tastes. Decent warranty with them and pretty much guaranteed to fit properly.
The Tegiwa pipe is more popular from what I've seen and definitely a bit louder - I had one of these on my own car. No real difference in quality between the two when I've eyeballed the pipework - both are reasonably welded bits of 2.5" pipe with some metal boxes, nothing special. If I had to be pushed one way I'd say Piper's hold up better to the elements and corrode less.

I use the car everyday so don't want anything too loud, budget is around £500 and I don't want anything with a big 4"+ tailpipe which is why I was thinking piper or possibly tegiwa, those two seem to fit my criteria.

I've hadTegiwa fitted for the last 18 months, used as daily & occasional track day - 4500 rpm 89-91 dB static, so not noisy - good quality easy fit:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the car everyday so don't want anything too loud, budget is around £500 and I don't want anything with a big 4"+ tailpipe which is why I was thinking piper or possibly tegiwa, those two seem to fit my criteria.

Ah okay, so same as me then. Well have a look at my thread when you get a minute and see what you think about the fujitsubo rm01a. I have done 100 miles with it on now and it is so quiet and refined, but still opens up nicely in VTEC. Also it is JASMA certified and has incredible build quality and fitment.

It is on sale at Torque GT currently for £730. If you can stretch to that, I would highly recommend it!

https://torque-gt.co.uk/product/fujitsubo-rm-01a-cat-back-exhaust/

Thanks for the info so far guys, an RM01A would be nice but it's out of my price range, I'm leaning towards the tegiwa but I'm still not sure.

Yes I've been following Nidge's thread and seen that he has fitted the tegiwa. The tailpipe looks just the right size to me, not too big.

Yes I've been following Nidge's thread and seen that he has fitted the tegiwa. The tailpipe looks just the right size to me, not too big.
That's what I like about it. It fills the gap of the original twin pipes nicely without being too big. Also sounds nice without being too loud.

I'm happy with it and having purchased it second hand the price was right.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I have a piper cat back and will be changing. Either from cat or back box as I don’t like the oval shape. Mine has mani and decat and it’s just too loud from my liking.

I’m not advertising in your post but just saying it will be going off either way.

Back