• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Piper full system

Hi All,

Was just wanting to gather some opinions of the Piper stuff. I'm after the full whack: 4-2-1 Manifold, Decat pipe and Cat back.

Is anyone running the lot or at least 1 of the above? If so, what are your opinions on sound /bhp / torque gains?

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave I'm running the manifold and sports cat with a milltek cat back on my fn2. Have posted a dyno graph in another thread. Personally I think it is a good system, sounds good, is still legal for mot time and good gains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm running a piper 4-2-1 and decat pipe.
Build quality is good,sound is nice and raspy but not overly loud. Mine is paired up to a 2.5" sportex though.
Power wise there good too,mine made 246bhp and 160ft. Torque wise piper don't see as much gains as others like tegiwa ect..
Could be worth you looking at a tegiwa 4-2-1 with decat and cat back.

Anyone got any figures running the Tegiwa 4-2-1 decat header? After 170 torque but I will be getting 70mm TB and 70mm RBC which should make some decent figures when combined with mani / decat / cat back I assume.

Yes typically those mods you mention would make around 175lbft torque but remember this is a peak figure and it will only make this much over a few hundred rpm and over 170 for a bit longer. It's the flaw in pipers design that makes it get lower torque. You can't really get much better than tegiwa/toda without getting custom stuff from the states. But even a japspeed or dc sports header will still achieve the figures you seek.

Back