• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Piper Manifold now got it, what now? 26 /3/12

Couple of questions:

1) Approx how many hours would this take to change over at a garage?

2) Would there be anything else I would need apart from K100 ie front JDM ARB

3) Will exhaust note be a lot deeper? (already have a supersprint catback)

4) Is it best to get the RBC inlet before I map it then? (ie in terms of bang for buck)

Last edited by a moderator:
1) One hour.
2) IIRC you don't need a JDM ARB for the Piper. But get some uprated engine mounts to reduce strain.
3) Yes. The larger bore will give a deeper tone.
4) Yes. Mapping should always be the last stage.

Inlet mani is the higher end of NA tuning.

IMO opinion is not worth the £££, you may get 2/3 top end HP for the effort of fitting one.

My tuner said it's not worth it, so I didn't.

If I was dead set on it though, I'd change the throttle body to a larger one at the same time.

I see, so bang for buck changing the manifold is worthwhile? Did you get 240 bhp then with manifold and k100?

I see, so bang for buck changing the manifold is worthwhile? Did you get 240 bhp then with manifold and k100?

Best bang for buck is the ECU.

Then Mani, but that only really makes power after a remap.

Yes, I made 240 with an intake, ECU, race header (not CAT) and cat back.

I am nuking of getting k100 with my catback and induction kit, not sure whether to spend the extra on manifold. Worth it?

Will the power be usable on the road in respect of manifold or would the k100 suffice you reckon? In hindsight, would you change the manifold or just save the money and change the ecU?

The RBC is pretty much globaly accepted to be worth around 10hp on a k20a2 after a tune, it's a no-brainer if your doing all the bolt-ons then going for a custom tune.

The rbc is the inlet manifold.

The header is the exhaust manifold.

The standard mods these days consist of a good intake/induction kit, rbc, header(decat), cat back and k100/kpro.

This will bag 240-250 bhp generally speaking.

The rbc is the inlet manifold.

The header is the exhaust manifold.

The standard mods these days consist of a good intake/induction kit, rbc, header(decat), cat back and k100/kpro.

This will bag 240-250 bhp generally speaking.

This. I had these mods and was getting a very respectable 243bhp. Its not so much the Mods that make a difference, its the way the car is mapped with K100/Kpro afterwards.

Yeah. In the Red Lion, Ford & Firkin, Fox and Hound......

Had to read that a couple of times until I got it. :lol:

I got 7bhp peak adding RRC inlet mani, FD2 throttle body and the race manifold. Farking FN2s.

[
0.jpg

LETS GET REEEEEADYYYY TO RRRRUUUUMMMBBBLLLEEEE......

Last edited by a moderator:
Back