• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Piper or DC header?

My next plan is to fit an exhaust manifold to my EP3.
I want to have the option of running a sports cat (MOT purposes) so the piper gives me this option but is it possible
to have a sports cat fitted to a DC header?
I already have a straight through B pipe and a Magnex back box.

Is there much difference in power between the 2 manifolds?

Cheers folks.

No it's not, but it's not too hard to swap or to find a friendly tester. Haven't heard much about Piper tbh.

you could have it chopped at a custom exhaust place and have a sports cat in line?

This is what I was thinking. If the cat was fitted to the manifold flex and the b pipe was cut and mounted to the cat it should work.
The only problem I can see is the cat may not get hot enough being so far back in the system.

Most dyno's I've seen of the typical bolt-ons usually show the piper header to make 3-4hp more even with the 200 cel cat.

I don't rate the DC header personally, the flexi seems to die quite often.

Im pretty sure the DC header is based on the TODA one , which is regarded as pretty much the best you can buy!

On the cat front, a friendly mot tested would suffice, or if your that way inclined a good custom exhaust place will weld/bolt you in a sports cat.....

I agree on the cat front. It must be possible to fit one after the DC flexi.
MIJ are only half hour away so I'll pay them a visit.

Back