• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

'Plastic' Rattle/Vibration

Hello, for the past few weeks I have had this annoying non-metal rattle/vibration from the rear end everytime I go over a pothole or small speed bump. It doesn't matter if I go over slow or relatively fast it's always the same tone I.e it doesn't get louder if I'm going over a pothole fast or slow. I have looked and tried everything but can't seem to find anything. It's definitely non metal related and the only way I can describe it is it's like the parcel shelf is loose that kind of noise. As anyone had this before and could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Take everything out of the boot,spare wheel,parcel shelf etc go for drive and see if noise is still there with empty boot

Took everything out of the boot and the noise is still there, had a look for play on everything underneath and nothing its all solid?? looks like it maybe one of those things I will live

This was like for me when have knock noises coming from the back,took everything out the boot,noise still there,
I got all four drop links changed and noise gone completely

Yeah I have removed everything from boot still there. I had all four drop links and 'D' rubbers replaced a few months ago and they are fine. I have noticed as I'm still searching for this noise that when I hit the rear seats especially drivers side from behind that it vibrates and rattles like mad as if something is loose so I am removing them and taking it for a drive tonight.

i had a bad rattle that drove me mad turned out to be a cable that hangs under the seat. Was shocked how much rattling it was doing. White clip that pushes into a metal bracket on my drivers seat

No heat Shields on the car and from the kinda of noise it is I wouldn't suspect it to be a disc cover but will check. Removed rear seats, parcel shelf and spare wheel wood cover and it's still there. It sounds like the bumper is loose and rattling about its not metallic it's like a plastic hollow noise?? It's fricking annoying is what it is. I don't know what it can be but it's getting worse. What do top mounts sound like when they have gone?

Are you sure it is not the seatbelt clip hitting against the plastic edge of the rear seats? Clip those in just to make sure as well. What about a loose bulb in the lights?

Back