• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 Please help the new CTR Owner

Hi guys,

First of all i would like to say that i'm so glad that to be one of you:D I am just a rencent FD2 CTR owner and i think this is one of the best car i ever had and feel proud of it:D

Anyway i am here for a quick question and i know this might be asked before but i don have much time on the internet so i hope with the experience you guys have I can just have my answer in a second.

I am coming up for an oil change and one of my fren who drove a EURO R Accord suggested me to use LiQiud Moly Semi-Syn. he told me there are a few problem with Fully-Syn oil with Honda cars. Can anyone tell me that is this is a gd suggestion for my NEW CTR? I do not want to risk my engine so i guess here will be my solution centre:D

Much appreciated with ppl who helped..

Cheers

Hello mate, see your other post for my comments with oil. Fully synth is recomended for Type Rs (unless conditions in your country dictate otherwise) and it is what most people over here use for all type R models.

I used to use fully syncth in my Accord Type R as well (H22a7 engine), but some Honda garages used to service it with semi-synth. No reason, it's just what their system said but I supplied my own oil in the end.

Hey Giger,

Thanks for your reply and info. I agreed with you, it is just to make sure before i end up in the wrong track.

Cheers

Cal

most honda owners run it on 10w-30 mineral until 5000km and then switch to fully syn after that. some change oil at 1000km, 2000km ,3000km and then 5000km

most honda owners run it on 10w-30 mineral until 5000km and then switch to fully syn after that. some change oil at 1000km, 2000km ,3000km and then 5000km
3rsdius,

10w-30 MINERAL? I am getting confused now weather i should use mineral, full syn or semi syn.. Can anyone give me a definition why for honda we need to use mineral for the first 5000km and full syn for the rest? I am thinking of getting an oil change tomorrow hope i can know what exactly i should use before it is too late.

Thanks very big.

3rsdius,

10w-30 MINERAL? I am getting confused now weather i should use mineral, full syn or semi syn.. Can anyone give me a definition why for honda we need to use mineral for the first 5000km and full syn for the rest? I am thinking of getting an oil change tomorrow hope i can know what exactly i should use before it is too late.

Thanks very big.

Mineral are ONLY for the running in stage.

Hey guys,

I understand Mineral is only for run in stage but if Fully Syn 5-40 is used will it effect the engine performance? Seriouly knowing mineral for run in stage is a bit to late for me because i have used Fully Syn 5-40. If neccessary i can change back to mineral as my mileage is only 1500km.

If honda agent service new CTR will they use Mineral as well for the first 5k?

Appreciate if anyone can help me out here because i really do care running in my engine in a tip top condition.

Cheers

Can anyone give me a definition why for honda we need to use mineral for the first 5000km and full syn for the rest?

You generally use mineral oil at first to help the break-in process, it helps bed the rings into the bores and get the engine settled. Fully synth is too efficient for this process, and so the engine doesn't bed in well, which generally leads to heavier oil consumption and a slight loss of performance compared to a properly bedded engine.

Back