• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Please Help Urgently!

Sick of this car going to get my money back! got it back from garage after getting the gearbox done now it appears to be leeking water from the right hand side! think it common from the radiator but hope not from the side of the block? a lot is coming out please help??

no need to get your back up. I expect the thought was did you get it from a private seller.

Hope you sort out what ever is wrong with your ep3.

Sorry just ****ed off at this stage! could it be coolant but a bucket underneath and looks like water?

Ouch :(

I had no issues with my old JDM, have you been out in the car today? A stone may have hit the A/C condensor.

You will see a big hole!

Here is my old JDM, a stone hit my condensor but thankfully did not pierce it.. no water came out!

2009-06-04_10-37-58_040620091126.jpg

Not long after it happened I went to Halfords and got some black meshing to mesh up the bumper where it exposes the A/C condensor, a cheap and cheerful mod to protect it in the future.

2009-06-04_10-32-20_040620091125.jpg

2009-06-04_15-46-04_040620091146.jpg

But a bucket underneath the car about an hour ago and went out and it appears to be water in it! there is no crack in the radiator as far as i can see! so what else could it be? condensation from been in the garage for two weeks? but if that was the case why is it only leaking today and not last night!

If it is coolant it will be draining the system. A quick and easy way to check is to take off your radiator cap.

Before you do however, if it is a leak on the coolant system this will release the pressure, i.e. the air will have an easy way into the system; and the rest of the coolant will more than likely come out too. Not any more of a big deal as you'll have already lost most of it anyway! If it is coolant therefore, you will not be able to see any fluid in the radiator after taking the cap off.

My EP3 coolant was always up to the top of the radiator and I never topped it up myself, just the dealer on service etc, therefore if you do take the cap off and there is water near or at the top of the radiator then you definitely do not have a coolant leak. It must be something else.

As lottie said, it's not the washer bottle is it? My washer fluid is green because of the anti-freeze etc, but the bottle is on the left of the EP3 engine bay, as you look into the bonnet from the front.

As I see it, 5 fluids that could be what you describe:
Coolant - but not if your radiator is full
Washer - easy to tell, if you get no spray, hey presto
A/C - Is it cold when running?
Power steering fluid - Resi under the bonnet, easy to check
Brake fluid - Again resi under the bonnet, easy to check

If all the above are OK, it can only be condensation, right?! :confused:

Back