• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Please read engine mount ep3

Status
Not open for further replies.

YH54KXN

Banned
;)Hi all,

As most of you know I am new to this forum, I came across a thread about the engine mount before from a chap and thought "that would never happen to me"

i looked under the bonnet on saturday to adjust my suspension and I saw the dreaded front engine mount split with stuff leaking out.

I phoned Honda Customer care and they are replacing it free of charge, even though the car is a 54 plate! I urge you all to check yours and phone them if yours is busted.

Its a common fault they know about and they appear to be honoring it 3 years after the warranty has run out.

Its booked in @ Johnsons Honda Dunstable.

Hope you all find the info useful,

Johnsons Honda Dunstable,

There great mate, I use them for parts and service can't fault them at all.

Apart from Honda prices

thanks for that. il have a look in the morning to make sure there isn't a problem on mine

Yeh mine went last month. I had it at a Honda garage for a check up and they missed it!! When having some work done a few days later at TGM Tom found it. Was also covered under warrenty but seeing as Tom already had the front of my cat off figured just let him do it. So yes have a good feel around down below ;)

yeh and dont touch the greese that comes out of it, it stinks and stains your fingers worse than permanent pen

Does this affect any particular side? what are the things to look out for as I haven't heard of this before.

Thanks

there is a recall, thats what honda customer care told me! hense why they are doing it for free. the arrogance of some people on this forum is shocking.

I am only trying to save people money and more importantly save them, from screwing over there car by driving it with a faulty engine mount.

there is a recall, thats what honda customer care told me! hense why they are doing it for free. the arrogance of some people on this forum is shocking.

I am only trying to save people money and more importantly save them, from screwing over there car by driving it with a faulty engine mount.

WTF!? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't think neily was being arrogant mate. Officially there has been no recall on the engine mount although it is a known problem so maybe that's why your dealer is doing it for free just as good will. Not all dealers will do this. i had mine replaced last year and had to pay for it. count yourself lucky.
it's a good forum you want arrogance then go over to ctro :lol:

The only recall im aware of is on the new shape civic if its fitted with a panoramic roof. some guy in germany had his foof fly off :p. so they recalled all of that model and changed the seal i do believe .

Last edited by a moderator:
just noticed my engine mount is split... i got a 52 plate, gonna try ring honda... think i know what they will say...lol.

im guessing im gonna be doing it on the weekend, hopefully i can get a decent second hand one, i think theyre quite expensive new.

yeah i suppose, ill try find the thread on the uprated mounts cant remember if its on here or ctro...

if that fails ill give honda a shout

the arrogance of some people on this forum is shocking.

How to win friends and influence people............

There is no recall. There is no product update.

Honda have provided you with a goodwill gesture.

If there is a recall then letters will drop through letterboxes of registered owners.
If there is a product update it will be indentified when your car goes into a dealer for a service or something else.

hi all

thanks for the comments about my partner, nice to see thats what you all do when he is sipmly telling you something he was told by honda customer care department.

He does know what he is going on about and i dont think it is really fair that you slate him because he was told the incorrect information. He was only giving you guys on the forum the information that he was told to help you out.

And i have just been reading through these threads and the comments are not really valid here are just a few

''THANKS FOR YOUR REG PLATES''
'' ATLEAST I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT''
''AND HES GOT NO FRIENDS''

Why on earth leave those comments?

all he was doing was relaying the information he was told and you have just slagged him off and taken the **** out of him.

I thought these forums were all about sticking together and helping each other out quote me if i am wrong.

thanks for your time

Natalie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back