• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pod Results - Do-Luck Pro Shoot Out - FWD Class

Andy Barnes

Approved Trader
Big Well done to Guy and Pete in the FWD class today:

Winner : Guy Chamberlain - CPL EP3 FWD Pro Class
Received £250 Do-Luck voucher

Runner Up : Pete Cattel - CPL EP3 FWD Pro Class
Received £150 Do-Luck voucher

Really good effort in the FWD from the CPL lot, with all the bhp talk everyday on the Honda Forums I would have thought we may have seen more cars in the Do-Luck Pro Shoot Out this weekend, where are you all?!

Thanks and contrats again

Andy
Do-Luck UK
Sumo Power

I heard there wasn't much competition with only a Suzuki Swift other than the CPL civic boys?

I heard there wasn't much competition with only a Suzuki Swift other than the CPL civic boys?

P Reddy was there also in his supercharged civic :)

I think they all whimped out :) but in all seriousness there were lots of cars entered for the FWD class including a 600 BHP Civic didnt come had tuning issues a TODA Built DC2 didnt show no reason K20 EG was there but didnt run etc etc

Like Andy has said with all the talk on the various forums about such and such BHP etc etc and this and that you would think more people would come and have a go, its free to enter and I had also personally invited some people with big power civics to come and run.

Many thanks to Andy of sumo Power and also to Santa Pod for the prizes and trophys

Japshow Final CPL Racing first Second and Third

Well what can I say

CPL Tuned cars finished first Second and Third in the Pro Shoot Out

Winner was Guy Chamberlain of CPL with a 11.8 @ 129.69

Second was me :) with a 12.7 @ 106.41

and Third was Stuart Anderson 12.9 @ 104

Full run down can be seen here :-http://www.japshow.co.uk/pro_shootout_jf06.htm

Many thanks to Santa Pod and also Andy Barnes of Sumo Power www.sumopower.com for sponsorship of the event and prizes.

I also managed a new personal best of 12.67 Seconds @ 110.28 MPH

Would be good to see more FWD cars there as always to be honest I know that TP did make the effort and was messed about but that was unfortunately out of our hands :(

If people are interested about the spec of the cars, etc etc im sure more details will be posted soon

I currently have more power after some more work was done on my car earlier last week in readiness for Japshow :twisted: I will post full details soon when I have had some sleep but 311 BHP at the Flywheel and lots and lots of torque will give you a good idea (problem is I think we hit the SC limits without gas :))

May I say a massive thank you to Guy and Lynn and also Sammy for putting up with me for a few days, and also a massive thank you to Part time Dave for his help and work on Saturday and also Sunday helping moving barriers etc etc, and getting us back to the pits :)

I also think we have another contender in our wake :) PReaddy also took part in the pro shootout, and although struggling a little with launcing the car seemed to be abit of a natural :) I think he enjoyed it and im sure he now understands the buzz that myself and the others get from it, and I know for a fact he cant wait to do it again.

Before the rumors and crap get out of hand yer Stuart anderson did have an engine problem with his car after a hard fought Semi with Guy, it would look as if he has damaged a couple of pistons but its nothing that cant be fixed and unfortunately is the down side of racing :( I wish Stuart all the best in getting the car fixed (built engine K24.............:twisted:)

I have attached a couple of pics for peoples amusment :) Im sure there are more to come and some Video of me drifting a FWD car :)

anderson.jpg

japshowoct06001.jpg

japshowoct06046.jpg

What was funy was watching Andy crawl down the strip when his car knackered at the start, win the race then not make it through because he didn't make it down in 45 seconds under the racing rules :lol:

What was funy was watching Andy crawl down the strip when his car knackered at the start, win the race then not make it through because he didn't make it down in 45 seconds under the racing rules Laughing

He needs the exercise :p

Pete,, any chance of getting those CPL stickers any larger !

Good effort by you and the CPL team, keep up the good work mate.

nosman said:
Pete,, any chance of getting those CPL stickers any larger !

Good effort by you and the CPL team, keep up the good work mate.

hes taking over from Colin by the looks of it :lol:

Peter Pan said:

I think they all whimped out :) but in all seriousness there were lots of cars entered for the FWD class including a 600 BHP Civic didnt come had tuning issues a TODA Built DC2 didnt show no reason K20 EG was there but didnt run etc etc

Like Andy has said with all the talk on the various forums about such and such BHP etc etc and this and that you would think more people would come and have a go, its free to enter and I had also personally invited some people with big power civics to come and run.

Many thanks to Andy of sumo Power and also to Santa Pod for the prizes and trophys

:roll:

I was there and ready to run but they wouldnt let me.

Was gutted I couldnt run. Made it pretty much a 1 horse race.
Thanks though Guy for trying to get me in. I appreciate the effort you and Pete made. :wink:

I was told entry was full. Then they were pissed about people chopping and changing about entries.
Full entry required 8 cars minimum. There were 4 EP3's and a Suzuki Swift. Saying its invite only is rubbish as one car had never seen a drag strip.

Plus side is I got to see all the racing and the Duke GTR do 8 seconds. 8)

Thanks to everyone that helped out at short notice donating slicks, tools and octain boosters. Shame I never got to use it all. :|

tp said:
Peter Pan said:

:roll:

I was there and ready to run but they wouldnt let me.

Was gutted I couldnt run. Made it pretty much a 1 horse race.
Thanks though Guy for trying to get me in. I appreciate the effort you and Pete made. :wink:

I was told entry was full. Then they were pissed about people chopping and changing about entries.
Full entry required 8 cars minimum. There were 4 EP3's and a Suzuki Swift. Saying its invite only is rubbish as one car had never seen a drag strip.

Plus side is I got to see all the racing and the Duke GTR do 8 seconds. 8)

Thanks to everyone that helped out at short notice donating slicks, tools and octain boosters. Shame I never got to use it all. :|

I think the show could have been better organised, and would have thought you running should have been a plus rather than a hassle

Back