• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Polishing question

I'm just sitting here thinking about the deep shine Andygreens NHB has got and although mine looks nice when she's just been washed and waxed i cant help thinking the shine doesn't look as deep.

So if i was to wash the car as usual (using NXT) would it make a difference if before i wax (as i would normally using NXT), i used some of the DC2 Polish i have, then re-wax or is there no point unless i clay the car before using the DC2??

I hope that makes sense?!!! I just want a deeper shine

You can wash and wax the car as much as you want but you may never get your car as deep and as shiny. Although its possible if you use something like the Megs claybar and then polish and wax the car afterwards. I did this and the results are stunning. It's about time I did it again actually.

Yeah, i used the clay bar system back in October i think it was. Being the 1st time i was somewhat nervous :oops: :oops: so am not sure if i put enough effort into it.

So would you suggest that i dont use the DC2 unless i clay the car before.

monkey boy kev said:
Yeah, i used the clay bar system back in October i think it was. Being the 1st time i was somewhat nervous :oops: :oops: so am not sure if i put enough effort into it.

So would you suggest that i dont use the DC2 unless i clay the car before.

Well the thing the claybar does is remove all the hidden contaminants (sp) if you wax and polish over all that then you are just adding to the build up. You could try something like the Megs 3 step cleaner, polish and wax kit for ultimate shine 8) Paint cleaner being the main part of what you need I'd say.

Also don't rush the job and make sure your not going to get bored half way through the 4 hours it will take :lol: :lol: I do this :roll:

monkey boy kev said:
Cool nice one chap. Dont spose you fancy coming and doing it for me :wink: :lol: :lol:

Errrrr

NO!
:lol:

smeg said:
monkey boy kev said:
Cool nice one chap. Dont spose you fancy coming and doing it for me :wink: :lol: :lol:

Errrrr

NO!
:lol:

ah, well i thought i'd be polite and ask :p

Whilst we're on the subject of polishs/wax's do you sell the #26 wax (in liquid) as someone has reccommended i try this instead of the NXT stuff.

This stuff
M2616_Hitech_Yellow_Liquid.gif

If you do how much??

Back