• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Poly bushes and JDM ARB

As I will be fitting my JDM ARB from the Group Buy fairly shortly (when they are sent out) - I have read that further improvement can be made by uprating the bushes to polyurethene items;

Add poly bushes to the tie rods that connect the ARB's to the struts and replace the OE ARB rubber mounts with poly items and it will improve things markedly

Can anyone confirm this, and suggest a good place to get the poly bushes from (part numbers would be helpful as well! :p).

I presume it wouldnt be too much trouble to fit them as the OE ARB will be coming off to fit the JDM item.

Any help appreciated. :)

zeffania said:
How much?

I dunno - I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction of a part number, retailer and price
icon_top.gif

Gunn79 said:
zeffania said:
How much?

I dunno - I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction of a part number, retailer and price
icon_top.gif

Not sure is ES do ARB bushes yet for the EP3 but they do Front contral arms bushes which improve steering response alot.

Peter @ Performance Solutions sells ES bushes so would be worth asking him :wink:

Friendy said:
Spoke to them at Autosport in January they reckon there would not be a demand for another 3 to 4 yrs until the cars get a little older :roll:
Interesting info, thanks :smt023

So they don't think the early cars that are pushing five years old now are going to need them for another 3-4 years? My old DC2 had definitely lost some of its sharpness within about 3-4 years from new... :roll: :?

That's what I pointed out to them, and that alot of civics are modified and people are always looking to improve over standard. The lady I spoke to said she would feedback my comments :roll: Their loss

I reckon everyone on the group buy for the ARB's send him an email to ask if they have any, you never know they might change there mind then :lol:

Carl

Great idea - they might well start making them if they have a few guaranteed sales up front. I might e-mail them anyway :idea:

It seems that they've recently added an Audi TT fitment - surprised they think that's a bigger market than the CTR... :eek: :? :lol:

Will do mate 8)

I did have a chat to Paul Jones (TDI) about this last time I was up there. IIRC he seemed to think that Cusco might do some poly bushes for the CTR/DC5. I didn't really pursue it as my car is only 18 months old, the back isn't tired yet and I've already got BC pillow ball front LCAs and coilovers, so the front is mostly metal to metal already. :lol:

Cusco do some pillowball mounts for the DC5, listed on the takakaira site here: clicky

Not a comprehensive set but it's a start.

Also there would be quite a lot of labour involved which isn't justified in my circumstances atm, although I might be tempted to have a crack at the job myself which would obviously make it much cheaper... :-k

I have been given a contact to get in touch with regarding these so will see what the outcome is once I hear back

Carl

Ok I have had a reply.

I have got in touch with a guy called Mathew at Powerflex and was told that they had no plans to do this bush :(

However he has said if we got an order of 25+ then they would look into it :D

So it all depends on how serious everyone is at doing this mod really or if we can find a company that already produces one.

Carl

This is a pic of SlyDawg's car on CTRO.

HPIM0281.jpg

From the pic it looks like he has a aftermarket bush (red) on his ARB mount. I tried to ask him if this was the case, and whether he had other uprated ARB bushes in a thread on CTRO but no reply as of yet.

Back