• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pomona Sport Compact Final

Below are a few pictures from last weekends NHRA Sport compact finals:

Stephan Papadakis prior to a 6.5 second run at 211 mph

If 1 blow off valve won't do then fit 4! Abel Ibarra's 6 second RX7

This is Loan Nuygens K20 Powered EK which ran 12.1 at 111mph Normally Aspirated on Street Legal Tyres !

This is Chris Dye's (Owner of Club RSX) RSX Who I think ran 12.6 on street tyres also normally aspirated. Chris went on to win his class beating Loan Nuygen in the final.

The most interesting cars at Pomona were what is classed as Sport FWD these cars are mostly Street turbo EG Civics, most run between 7-800 bhp with the no.1 and 2 qualifiers running 9.8's at close to 150mph. Even though these are street based cars because of the times and speeds that they achieve the rules stipulate that the must use a parachute to slow then down at the end of the strip. :shock:

Looks like you had a cracking holiday Guy I have so got to get out there and see some of these Cars

Did you bring any goodies back with you :p

Bloody look at the Sponsors they got as well, I could go that fast with all them sponsors :p (well could try)

All I brought back was the knowledge that you need to run slicks at the drag strip after all when you go bowling you put on your bowling shoes right !

I'll post up some more picks later after i've got over the jet lag.

All I brought back was the knowledge that you need to run slicks at the drag strip after all when you go bowling you put on your bowling shoes right !

Thats true I guess :p

Back