• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Poor MPG after oil and filter change

MPG has improved a bit now, ive now used 3/4 of a tank and covered 180 miles, if ive overfilled with oil could it just be burning some off? hence the increase slightly

Where is the oil level on your dipstick?

Sure fire way to tell if you've over filled it...

Ill check in the morning as its tucked away in the garage now

I was dubious because like i mentioned earlier in the thread, when i changed the oil, it took the whole 5 litres before it would read full on the dipstick, 5 litres seems like more than it should be

Oh well i dont know then, i read somewhere previously that they only took 4.3 litres with a filter change

Was going to try some v- power through it, however shell have nicely decided to remove all the petrol stations from my local area and they have now been replaced with BP :(

You can only go off the dipstick when you are filling it.

If it is over filled, I'd drain it to the right level rather than hoping it will burn off.

Yeah it takes about 5 litres, I bought two 4 litres bottles of oil when servicing mine used one and a bit of the other, I got some there now for top up's too. But doesn't sound like you've over filled it.

Yeh well thats what i did, i stuck around 4 litres in and it was really low on the dipstick, so kept adding small amounts, next thing the full bottle was in there and sat perfectly on the max mark

Maybes i will drain this weekend, its bound to burn it off soon though as i read these burn oil like its going out of fashion

Mine always used to take 5 litres easily and sometimes needed a little extra to get it to the max on the dipstick so I highly doubt you've over filled it.

every k20 is different mine hardly used any oil, however some use quite a bit, how many times have you filled up since putting the fuel additive in?

Dan, sorry if this is a daft question, but was the oil the correct spec? Wrong viscosity can cause all manner of woes.

Back