• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Possible Brake Problem?!

Over the last couple of days i've been getting a metallic rubbing noise coming from the drivers side rear. It only happens when i go round left hand bends but doesn't happen all of the time!
Earlier it also happened after going over a bump.
The only way i can describe the noise it makes is its the same kind of noise you get from the brake pad and disc on each other when you spin the wheel when the cars jacked up.

It could be the 'squeel' indicators on the brakes indicating that you'll need to change your pads soon.

yeah mine only was really noticable when the wheel was anywhere between the '10 to 2' position, so a slight curve in the road would have it squeeling like a stuck pig.

all in my experience of course others may have more ideas but you'll probably find it to be the brakes. How many miles have the brakes done?

I was told by the dealer they changed them before i picked the car up at 19k miles its now on 43k!!!
I'm leaning more to the brake pads being shot but i think it just seems funny how they only make a noise when going round left hand bends and not all of the time!

Right, rear brake pads changed, wear indicators were close but not that close to the discs. However, the noise is still happening but not as often now. Sticking caliper maybe?!

Bluecarisma said:
Right, rear brake pads changed, wear indicators were close but not that close to the discs. However, the noise is still happening but not as often now. Sticking caliper maybe?!

Yes it could be a sticking claiper mate.. :D

Back