• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Possible ICV issue? any help would be great :-)

sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but just looking to be put in the right direction.

Bought my 04 ep3 with 61k on the clock about a mnth ago and found that when slowing or stopping the revs drop as if it is going to cut out (the lights even dim) then corrects itself, it bounces around maybe 2-3 times then idles fine.. I've read on here that giving it a good drive will normally clear it out, tried that and no success so really just looking to see what people think? i wondered whether the previous owner had an air filter on and after taking it off has put the ECU out perhaps but then surely it should have sorted itself by now? i know there is a 'how to' for the ICV clean, is it easy enough to do for a novice?

any help would be great

cheers in advance

Have a go at cleaning the icv. It will make alot of difference. If you are handy with basic tools its not toobad to do.

just an update...thought i would try a "quick fix" and see if it works so i unplugged the battery for half hour to reset the ECU then took the car for a blast, so far so good!!! has its moment now and then but i put that down to the ecu still 're-learning' so will give it a couple of days and go from there...if it goes back to its old tricks and i have to clean the iacv can anyone give me the steps to removing it from the car???

i know there is a how-to for cleaning but bot removing

cheers in advance

Back