• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Possibly the loudest EP3 Set - up?

Was comparing my ep3 to a few mates but not sure what system they are running. However I dont know if this is a good thing but i dont think I,ve heard a type r as loud as mine yet?

Im running a megan header, DC Stainless Steel and a racing cat.

Im not sure on the induction kit as it points directly down behind the radiator.

Whats your set up?

Any videos? I must post mine up because its way louder than anyone ive heard yet just intresting.

:lol:

Running a sport cat, thinking car is loud.

S/C, de-cat manifold with a 76mm collector leading to a 3inch straight through exhaust = Loudest EP3.

Surely if you've S/C'd it will be quieter. I recall following a guy with a charge DC5 with Spoon cat back and it was much more muted than other Spoon systems i've heard?

Last edited by a moderator:
TarmacNymph's is loud enough to cause sustained hearing damage :lol:

Have you got a decibel reading?

The loudest I've heard is Gosney's old car, Toda manifold, unsilenced B pipe and a Spoon N1 backbox, but I haven't heard Tarmac's yet.

I would class anything above 120db to be seriously loud. Taramcs is probably the loudest on here now. Systems with Race headers and unslienced catback systems tend to be around 120+ mark. i.e DC mani---Unsilenced mid----Spoon N1

Loudest road car I have heard was a Corvette with straight through pipes at a Pistonheads meet. It was 126.6 and actually hurt. My Teg was 104 with the RM01a.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had full buddyclub system, Race header and Spec IV catback with the silensers removed. Mine was the loudest i'd heard and i've heard a lot of them, But i was at Eurospec when Tarmacnymph had his and i think his beats it :eek:

Back