• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

power lead

I reasently had a power wire set up in my car but when i took it for an MoT the man seemed to be worried. He said it was placed badly. It doesn't seem to touch anything. What do you guys think?

Annoying there is no gomit where it goes through the fire wall, I may have to add that. I am just worried as i want some bigger alloys and i don't it to rub on the wire

:?

whats it used to power? is it being fed into the cabin? if it is it would've probly been better to bring it through the grommit behind the glove box

best bet would've been to run in through the grommit behind the glovebox (its behind the airbox in the engine bay) and run it through the car to the boot. Its a bit of a ballache pulling the various bits of trim off and running the cable behind it but it was worth it in the end I reckon :)

Do you think it is ok where it is as i am a bit of an electrical numpty. I am wanting bigger alloys and i am worried about rubbing

If anyone want ot help me out, I will pay in money or beer and food. I live in north london if anyone is amazingly great

Thats really dodgy, looks like it'll touch the steering arm thingy as turn the wheel! :shock:

I would get it re routed before you short it out on something. If you were up in the midlands I would do it for you for nothing.

It's not a difficult job to sort that tbh. Just need to remove the fuse or trip the circuit breaker, disconnect the power cable from the amp, pull it through from the engine bay, feed it through the grommet in the bulkhead into the cabin, fit it under the trim/carpet and then connect it back to the amp.

I almost hate to ask, but there is a fuse or a circuit breaker near the battery terminal (as in a couple of inches tops) isn't there? Please tell me there is... [-o<

Just take this to the place and ask them to follow those instructions, shouldn't take long. Best of luck.

yeh there is def a circuit breaker. I will take it back to them on wednesday. Would anyone have a pic of where this gromit is?

Image009.jpg

I've got an aem cai so theres a gaping hole where my airbox would be but at least that gives you an idea where to be looking :)

I got to say that power lead is shocking

You need to put it through that grommit in the bulkhead and then pull down the glovebox and undo it and u will see the wire underneath

Bit fiddle but can be done with some patience

Back