• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

power to weight

Hi every one,
Im am just after pointing in the right directing really. I trying to find out the weight of the oem bonnet, doors, boot and spoiler. And then the same for these parts in Carbon. This is to compare the difference between them.
I have been searching for a while know and i am having not luck. Just want the weight.

Cheers for any help you can give. :p

I doubt many people will know this :), i advise getting in contact with the company you are thinking of buying carbon stuff from and they will give you specs of the parts as this is there main selling point.

To be fair I didn't feel that much difference between a EP3's OEM bonnet and carbon bonnet.

I'm sure there is a bit of weight saving to be had doing all that

To be fair I didn't feel that much difference between a EP3's OEM bonnet and carbon bonnet.

I'm sure there is a bit of weight saving to be had doing all that

Really, I felt like there was quite a big difference.

How long is a peice of string?

How many plies are in the carbon bonnet? Each manufacturer will use different GSM carbon, and different resin systems and different number of plies.

You should be looking around at least half the weight of the OEM parts as a starter for ten. I would expect to see 40%.

In the world of mini's you get basically two standards of composite parts... race spec and road spec. Race spec is usually 2 plies thick, weighs next to nothing and is flimsy as hell. These weigh around half of the road spec parts again.

Back