• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Powerflex upper gearbox inserts

did you get round to fitting the inserts yet?

i have them sitting gathering dust as i am not too sure how to fit them aswell.

just remove airbox,battery gearbox mount slide the oem smaller inserts off replace with powerflex. they are a bit tight to get back together

what do you support the gearbox up with when you take it off the chassis? the weight will rip the other side off if not supported

i am thinking of supporting the gearbox with my trolley jack and a piece of wood to spread the load.

I had one on my EP3. Made no difference whatsoever :) (Maybe because I already had the front and rear energy inserts)

This thing was a bitch to fit! and not worth it, cause it has done hardly anything. i say get it if you want some extra bling or having an urge to spend money on your car for the sake of it.

This thing was a bitch to fit! and not worth it, cause it has done hardly anything. i say get it if you want some extra bling or having an urge to spend money on your car for the sake of it.

bummer, i thought it would have been a good cheap mod.

what was the problem when fitting?

Romain thought it was a bitch as you had to have the right tools to get the actual mount off as the bolts and what not are extra long for the sockets, the battery has to come out of its place as well and the inserts dont 100% go into the mount, they sit out a few mm.

Just a pain for no gain

Back