• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pre Face Milano EP3

Hello guys and girls this is my first post regarding my particular vehicle which is a 2002 Milano EP3, this is in fact my first car as im only 19 after being insured on my mums 1.1 pug......

Hopefully in the coming months, years what have you things will be changed around on her, i have had her about 3 months now but because of joining the army i havent had a lot of time to spend on it or do anything as of yet, changes will be planned for the new year with focus going into the power and overall handling as the smiles come in the bends more than slamming on its arse would bring to me.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

tell me what you think :) its going slightly pink to :(

Stil love pre face Milano's.

Welcome mate.

look at handling far before power. Fast road set up and use the sticky's at the top of each section.

Ye keep reading about fast road set up what exactly this make up of?

Its cleaned every week and i will do all i can as i love milano civics.

Nice looking Ep mate!

Fast road setup (FRSU) is an adjustment of the suspension geometry. The Honda factory tolerances to suspension geometry are notorious for being rather wide, so setting the car up accurately makes a surprising difference to the handling and feel of the car. You will not be disappointed!

To do this at the most basic level you will need; front adjustable camber bolts, rear adjustable camber arms, and a garage that can do proper four wheel camber and toe setup. Somebody will be able to advise you of the best place near you.

Most people combine this with uprated springs (eibach are popular), next step is a thicker rear anti roll bar. After that it starts to get pretty serious and involved, uprated bushes, caster increase bushes, lsd, coilovers.....

As C4Doc said, get in amongst the stickies on the suspension and drivetrain section.

Pretty much sumed it up perfectly there. Just make sure you buy good quality brands like Eibach ive heard storys of other brands camber arms snapping.

Also I would recommend getting the Tegiwa carbon intake kit, it makes Vtec rather addictive ;)

cheers fella's defo going to be an investment FRSU sounds positive, how much firmer would you say eibach springs make the ride?

Haha vtec is mega if in doubt flat out! :p

The ride quality stays pretty much the same, EP3s are pretty harsh from the factory anyway. I think the very small stuff is ironed out a bit better, though really big bumps feel a bit crashier. Very small differences though.

The big difference is in the steering feel and body roll reduction. The progressive nature of the eibachs keep the ride quality roughly the same, but keep the car more stable and planted during higher energy manoeuvres :twisted:

Of course you can adjust the geo settings to give a car as stable or unstable as you want, but better springs are a good base for starting geo adjustments from.

Thanks mate real helpful going to have to be done in new year! i can deal with the harshness of the ride but thankyou again I have been enlightened! :dance:

Yeahh a pre facelift 51plate Milano red :p I'm not too bothered about what colour I get really, but this one looks in very good nick so I'll see how the viewing goes :)

Well Cosmic is my favourite but I can't afford one tbh so Milano will be really good!

Mileage is 116k but with full dealer history that's not a problem. My NHB one was much lower and I got it for £3000 but prices have gone up loads since then :/

You'll enjoy milano ;)
Should be running all good hopefully
Ye mine was 4k with 62k on the clock

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm sure the engine will be spot on. I'll just focus on replacing some of the more worn parts to try and get it back to factory quality, bushes, mounts... etc. What are your first ideas for this?

Ye think I need some bushes soon really
Finishing fitting my exhaust tomorrow as it was rusted through
in a dream world turbo would go on though!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back