• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Pre wax cleanser or

As above really guys. Ive used the likes of triple, super resin polish (of old) and wondered wether a pre wax cleanser like lime prime is the way forward before waxing (using autosmart wax). Or do i buy the new super resin polish and throw the wax on top? Thanks :)

If you're putting a fresh coat on I would:

Pre wash clean - some form of degreaser/snow foam/jet hose to loosen dirt
2BM wash with Fairy Liquid to strip any protection
Clay/de-tar/iron x
Rinse off the tar remover/iron x
Dry
Polish with SRP
Wash again/rinse/snow foam to get rid of polish dust
Dry
Apply wax
Let wax cure, buff
Apply another layer, buff

Thats pretty much what ive decided to do really. Have you used the new formula srp? I used the old one and thought it was good although a bit dusty.

I grew up using the old formula and it wasn't until recently I noticed that people use a slightly damp applicator to keep the dust down. BUT as I have a litre of the stuff still I haven't got round to trying the new one :lol:

By all accounts it's meant to be pretty good still. For ease of use I still rate AG over Merr and Megs.

Yeah ive read that too, ref the pad. Going to order the new stuff, saves bloody debating over others, its driving me mad lol.

:lol: dude, you can literally spend hours just researching polishes and waxes. It's a royal PITA, I work by sticking with what you know. Unless you're a detailing business, then that's a bit different lol.

Let us know how you get on with it though, I may end up just binning what I have and buying the new one.

Back