• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

premier edition difference

I have a couple of questions, Im new to this Civic Type-r land so dont be harsh on me :lol:

I have owned an 2005 05 Cosmic Grey Civic Type-r and sold that in order to find an premier edition and I now have a couple of question.

Is It true that they are only 100 premier edition models made?

Also I have noticed that the engine bay is different, am I right to say this or have been misunderstood?

Non premier edition engine bay

1458177-3.jpg

Premier edition engine bay

1480476-3.jpg

Also what are the differences between the two I know the preimier edition has Recaro seats and Privacy glass but is their any other differences :-k

I have a couple of questions, Im new to this Civic Type-r land so dont be harsh on me :lol:

I have owned an 2005 05 Cosmic Grey Civic Type-r and sold that in order to find an premier edition and I now have a couple of question.

Is It true that they are only 100 premier edition models made?

Also I have noticed that the engine bay is different, am I right to say this or have been misunderstood?

Non premier edition engine bay

1458177-3.jpg

Premier edition engine bay

1480476-3.jpg

Also what are the differences between the two I know the preimier edition has Recaro seats and Privacy glass but is their any other differences :-k

Looooads of premiers made, the limited run was the Anniversary edition (2003) which were pre face lift CTR's, there were only 100 made in black, silver and red respectively.

The two pictures are the same, just the manifold cover has been removed on the bottom one and also has aircon.

The engines are the same from 2001 - 2006 EP3's - the only difference being the face lifts had a slightly lighter flywheel.

There are no differences in the engine bay, the two pictures differ because ones had it's plastic manifold cover removed and has air con, the other doesn't.

Other Premier differences are:
Red Carpet
Recaro Seats and different trim on rear seats
Momo steering wheel
Type R logo embossed on brake calipers

There are no differences in the engine bay, the two pictures differ because ones had it's plastic manifold cover removed and has air con, the other doesn't.

Other Premier differences are:
Red Carpet
Recaro Seats and different trim on rear seats
Momo steering wheel
Type R logo embossed on brake calipers

Thanks for you reply's guys and for corrrecting my mix up's, so their are more than 100 premier models, the only reason I was confused about this was a advert of a 2005 55 CTR said 100 made only :eek:

Thanks for you reply's guys and for corrrecting my mix up's, so their are more than 100 premier models, the only reason I was confused about this was a advert of a 2005 55 CTR said 100 made only :eek:

No worries mate, they're telling porkies :evil:

The Premier was just the last UK version of the EP3 before they released the FN2 to replace it. So they chucked the extra goodies at it to get rid of all the current stock.
As far as I know AirCon was only ever an optional extra though, even on Premiers.

I'm on a milano premier hunt! So hard to find!!
What's your budget I'll let you know if stumple accross any.

I'm on the look out for an Cosmic Grey or Black premier edition hopefully fingers crossed the right one will come along :D

Why didn't Honda chuck in all the extra's on the premier edition CTR's, they did do it for the final Accord Type R's made :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah If I was after a premier cosmic I'd had that! Great price! Budgets 9,500.. Your help is much appreciated! Uve lost my buyer for the skyline though :( lost his job!

Because type r's are better, cheaper, I prefer the interior, I've got a new job and need to commute to Essex (that's the main reason) and.. And well that's about it lol

Cos type r's are better, cheaper, I prefer the interior, I've got a new job and need to commute to Essex (that's the main reason) and.. And well that's about it lol

What power is it pushing ? I would love to own a mint R33 GTR one day

Back